3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

Another one P16735 - i7 970 @ 4.5ghz / 3x GTX580 @ 950/1900/2004 ram- 2064mhz 10-11-10-28

Water, you know when you first saw my "Life Begins @ 220mph" quote, that I was talking about Indy cars right :P But, if you want to enter your rig in "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" qualifications are Sat :biggrin:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water, you know when you first saw my "Life Begins @ 220mph" quote, that I was talking about Indy cars right :P But, if you want to enter your rig in "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" qualifications are Sat :biggrin:

Yea but until I can afford a car that can do 220mph I got to have something to fill the void :lol: and if I thought I could actually qualify I would be there.

Edit: New extreme score X6843

Edited by Water_Hazard

I actually just ran 3DMark 11 earlier to test a new OC on the CPU (sadly, it wasn't stable, so I'm back to my sig) Here's the link http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1253579. I'll run a performance score too, since that one was extreme.

Performance test link: P4620

Extreme test link: X1718

These seem low for my build, so I'll be messing around with somethings soon and may need to change the links and scores.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

Note to self, always turn off the antivirus before running a benchmark :doh:

It didn't help a great deal, but some:

Performance test link: P4634

Extreme test link: X1781

Don't know why 3D Mark thinks my GPU is running at it's 2D clocks, but it's at 797/1594/1950 (factory overclock, I've not tried).

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

Note to self, always turn off the antivirus before running a benchmark :doh:

It didn't help a great deal, but some:

Performance test link: P4634

Extreme test link: X1781

Don't know why 3D Mark thinks my GPU is running at it's 2D clocks, but it's at 797/1594/1950 (factory overclock, I've not tried).

Scores look pretty good to me for those clocks. Taking into account your AMD quad-core @ 3.4Ghz and the small overclock on the card. Id say that score is right where it should be.

Your never get close to the P6718 i put up with my single GTX570! Muhahahahaha evilgrin.gifph34r2.gifdoh.gif

Scores look pretty good to me for those clocks. Taking into account your AMD quad-core @ 3.4Ghz and the small overclock on the card. Id say that score is right where it should be.

Your never get close to the P6718 i put up with my single GTX570! Muhahahahaha evilgrin.gifph34r2.gifdoh.gif

No kidding I won't get near your score (on this build). Looking at reviews for my exact card though has the performance score 1000 higher and the extreme score only about 20 higher. Even the stock Asus OCC reviewed did better in performance (though not extreme). Maybe my lowly 3.4 GHz is holding it back, I really don't know, but it really doesn't matter in the end. I haven't the money to spend on upgrading what it would take to improving things and I don't have a need to OC the card. It's plenty hot as it is. Everything is playable on it though, so I should be happy with what I have... for now.

No kidding I won't get near your score (on this build). Looking at reviews for my exact card though has the performance score 1000 higher and the extreme score only about 20 higher. Even the stock Asus OCC reviewed did better in performance (though not extreme). Maybe my lowly 3.4 GHz is holding it back, I really don't know, but it really doesn't matter in the end. I haven't the money to spend on upgrading what it would take to improving things and I don't have a need to OC the card. It's plenty hot as it is. Everything is playable on it though, so I should be happy with what I have... for now.

Yeah the difference your seeing in scores is entirely CPU or memory related. 3DMark11 loves memory speed and timings and loves CPU speed. To see 1000+ score difference just on CPU alone is pretty normal.

So yes your CPU is holding your score back.... but as you mentioned to plays all the games you want. So its a win in my book.

I wouldn't have gotten an i7 if it hadn't been on sale when i was building my computer last year. the Phenom II x6's had just come out, and the 1090T was $229 at newegg and the i7-930 was $199 at Microcenter. So $30 cheaper for better performance? I was sold at that point, Glad i got the i7 too, been great to me! I hope it lasts me a couple more years too, but if Bulldozer is good enough... Lol.

The GTX570 is a wonderful card isnt it? I got the Twin Frozr II edition so temps are amazing even when overclocked really high. But even at stock it was great!

Yeah the difference your seeing in scores is entirely CPU or memory related. 3DMark11 loves memory speed and timings and loves CPU speed. To see 1000+ score difference just on CPU alone is pretty normal.

So yes your CPU is holding your score back.... but as you mentioned to plays all the games you want. So its a win in my book.

I wouldn't have gotten an i7 if it hadn't been on sale when i was building my computer last year. the Phenom II x6's had just come out, and the 1090T was $229 at newegg and the i7-930 was $199 at Microcenter. So $30 cheaper for better performance? I was sold at that point, Glad i got the i7 too, been great to me! I hope it lasts me a couple more years too, but if Bulldozer is good enough... Lol.

The GTX570 is a wonderful card isnt it? I got the Twin Frozr II edition so temps are amazing even when overclocked really high. But even at stock it was great!

Well, Ilike my CPU and I know if want more I'd need to not only replace that but the motherboard too. Haven't got the money for all that though, especially with Bulldozer coming. Still, gaming is why I got the card, not benchmarking (or I'd have OC'ed it by now). I do like the 570 though it isn't quite stock. Stock cooler yes, but it's got a factory overclock on it I haven't touched. Don't really see a point to, especially as it'll just put out more heat this Summer when it folds. The 580's look really good too, but not $150 better in my opinion. The price difference, when I got it, was the cost of the card I was replacing, an XFX HD 5770, when I got that.

Still, quite happy, not being in last place here.

Quick question though, why would the Extreme score be closer to what I've seen stock give than the performance? Is the extreme just that much more than performance that the card is keeping it low as much as the CPU?