3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

Happen to get a slightly higher score for myself in a duel: P6718. Almost pointless to post it though... Lol, i didnt move up any ranks. But maybe if i get a chance ill work on it a bit more some other time. This time around my i7 was at 4.4Ghz, mem was 2100mhz 9-11-9-27, GPU was 970/1940/2420.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happen to get a slightly higher score for myself in a duel: P6718. Almost pointless to post it though... Lol, i didnt move up any ranks. But maybe if i get a chance ill work on it a bit more some other time. This time around my i7 was at 4.4Ghz, mem was 2100mhz 9-11-9-27, GPU was 970/1940/2420.

Merc are you still trying to beat my 480 score? Guess I'll sit back and watch the show :popcorn: wishing you the best of luck!

Edited by olokul

Merc are you still trying to beat my 480 score? Guess I'll sit back and watch the show :popcorn: wishing you the best of luck!

Id love to be able to beat that ungodly powerful 480 you had. But thats not why i ended up running 3DMark11... Im in a duel against imm0rt41, my GTX570 vs. his HD 6970. One of the battles is 3DMark11. I happened to have beaten my old score so i decided to drop it over here too, lol.

a couple new scores

P7357 i5 2500k @5.2ghz / GTX 580 @ 960/1920/2430

X5620 - i7 970 @ 4.2ghz / 3x GTX 580 @ 810/1620/2004

Wow Water, lol. Nice scores. I especially love that overclock on the i5/580 combo. Are you gonna do another extreme run soon with the 970 and 580's really overclocked?

What do you run your memory at on that 970?? My latest run of 3DMark11 has my cpu scoring higher than yours(I got alittle over 10600), that seems odd being that you have 2 more of a similar core. Err.. just realized thats an extreme score though, is that a different CPU test? I know the GPU tests are all higher res with AA and stuff. But i wouldnt think the CPU test changed, physics is physics heh.

Wow Water, lol. Nice scores. I especially love that overclock on the i5/580 combo. Are you gonna do another extreme run soon with the 970 and 580's really overclocked?

What do you run your memory at on that 970?? My latest run of 3DMark11 has my cpu scoring higher than yours(I got alittle over 10600), that seems odd being that you have 2 more of a similar core. Err.. just realized thats an extreme score though, is that a different CPU test? I know the GPU tests are all higher res with AA and stuff. But i wouldnt think the CPU test changed, physics is physics heh.

As soon as I can figure out a way to cool cards 1 and 2 I am going to try for higher clocks. card 1 is hitting 90c and card 2 is hitting 98c at the posted clocks. Don't have to worry about the Asus direct cu II card since it never breaks 75c even at max clocks.

Have no clue about the physics test in extreme mode? Could be the lower ram speed since I left my cpu and ram at 24/7 clocks. Ram was at about 1900mhz I believe and timings were stock at 9-10-9-27. when I figure out something with the cards I will put the cpu at about 4.6ghz and ram at about 2200mhz 10-10-10-27.

I have two universal gpu blocks that I want to put on them but with the clamps I have now they just wont all fit and I have a hard time trusting zip ties where I cant see them

As soon as I can figure out a way to cool cards 1 and 2 I am going to try for higher clocks. card 1 is hitting 90c and card 2 is hitting 98c at the posted clocks. Don't have to worry about the Asus direct cu II card since it never breaks 75c even at max clocks.

Have no clue about the physics test in extreme mode? Could be the lower ram speed since I left my cpu and ram at 24/7 clocks. Ram was at about 1900mhz I believe and timings were stock at 9-10-9-27. when I figure out something with the cards I will put the cpu at about 4.6ghz and ram at about 2200mhz 10-10-10-27.

I have two universal gpu blocks that I want to put on them but with the clamps I have now they just wont all fit and I have a hard time trusting zip ties where I cant see them

Those are good ram speeds hmm... Still it really seems like your CPU score should be alot higher. This doesnt make any sense! I demand that your 970 have a better CPU score than any quad-core. You must fix this! tongue.gif Maybe try to bring those timings down a wee bit? Little extra voltage here or there?

Annnddd.... WOW those 580's are getting hot! Maybe full cover water blocks are a good idea again hehe. I cant imagine you will be upgrading from your 970 and 3x 580's any time soon. Id say its a safe investment to cool them properly!

Those are good ram speeds hmm... Still it really seems like your CPU score should be alot higher. This doesnt make any sense! I demand that your 970 have a better CPU score than any quad-core. You must fix this! :P Maybe try to bring those timings down a wee bit? Little extra voltage here or there?

Just remoted in to my computer and checked cpu-z, the ram is running at 1754mhz not 1900, so that is more than likely the cause of the low physics score, but I agree, my physics score should NOT be lower than yours even with the lower ram speed. Do you get 100% cpu usage when in the physics test? I only get like 65-70%

Annnddd.... WOW those 580's are getting hot! Maybe full cover water blocks are a good idea again hehe. I cant imagine you will be upgrading from your 970 and 3x 580's any time soon. Id say its a safe investment to cool them properly!

way ahead of you :P as soon as I posted earlier, I started looking at full cover blocks and pulled the trigger on 2 EK copper blocks :evilgrin:

Just remoted in to my computer and checked cpu-z, the ram is running at 1754mhz not 1900, so that is more than likely the cause of the low physics score, but I agree, my physics score should NOT be lower than yours even with the lower ram speed. Do you get 100% cpu usage when in the physics test? I only get like 65-70%

way ahead of you :P as soon as I posted earlier, I started looking at full cover blocks and pulled the trigger on 2 EK copper blocks :evilgrin:

Heres my Theory on 3DMark11... Its only capable of using 8 threads... Therefore your 6 Hyper-threaded cores do not get used. When you run the test again, try turning off HT and see if you dont oddly enough get a higher score. I think you might... because 65-70% would be the 8 out of the 12 threads being fully utilized.

Heres my Theory on 3DMark11... Its only capable of using 8 threads... Therefore your 6 Hyper-threaded cores do not get used. When you run the test again, try turning off HT and see if you dont oddly enough get a higher score. I think you might... because 65-70% would be the 8 out of the 12 threads being fully utilized.

I tried that about a month ago just to see how much of a difference it made and I did loose points but i think it was only like 90 points that I lost.