3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! Do you know if there's a difference between using just 4GB as opposed to 8GB or 16GB? I guess I'll have to try it out...

I FINALLY FOUND MY Single/Dual channel test results!!! YAY ME!

post-73007-13038739626617_thumb.png

The above tests were run with my i7 @ 3.6Ghz, and my memory at DDR3-1724 6-8-6-20 1T. So the bottleneck wasnt as noticeably due to the speed of the memory, but at the time i needed consistent speeds so that i could properly compare it to my triple channel results.

It appears in the scores that even just 2GB of ram is enough for 3dMark11, because my CPU score with even single channel wasnt that bad. Somethings i noticed outside of the benchmark itself were GREATLY diminished in speed, load times and system responsiveness. Leaves me to believe that the difference between 4, 8 or even 16GB of memory would be negligible at best.

Also another interesting fast is that the difference between my dual channel CPU score and triple channel CPU score was only about 250 points. The CPU score with triple channel memory, using the exact same CPU speed, memory speed, and memory timings, was 8907.

If you guys want to post Extreme scores to alleviate the CPU bottleneck, I will add them to the front page

That'd be great :) I'l start up my rig and get some scores

Finallyyyy!!!

Got some new ram running at 9-9-9-24 1600 MHz (instead of <1333 on my other ram in order to be stable) and my i7 920 D0 overclocked to 4.02Ghz (will try to increase this soon, the 4.0Ghz milestone needed to be reached first)

2x 6950's flashed with unlocked shadders at 1.175v clocked at 890/1370MHz using 11.3 drivers.

I was able to achieve P9648 in 3DMark11. About to update drivers and try a slightly higher OC, will edit soon.

**Edit** with 11.4 drivers I was able to get P9765 at the same clocks as above. Now I want to be able to hit 10k :(

Edited by t0asty