3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@red1176 : Your cpu is definately holding you back . I remember how my 1090t at 4.2ghz bottlenecked my 5970+5870 tri-fire overclocked .

Oh you have that right Nyt :) same thing on Vantage as well. (P31885) I am extremely pleased with my actual FPS while gaming however. I don't know if you had heard this or not, but Asus (for example) is providing an updated bios for Bulldozer support on their high end AM3 MB's (my crosshair IV Formula being one of them) As soon as the FX-8130P. hits retail , I am going to drop one in and that should alleviate the matter.....at least it had better :biggrin:

I use these benches a lot for demonstration to my potential customers and they present an interesting conundrum, here is what i am talking about as an example:

see what I mean/ great frame rates, but when so much of the bench relies on CPU physics...that hurts. I deal mostly with customers who have a budget, but want high gaming performance, so AMD CPU enter the picture a lot. I am about due for my next personal gaming build. It sounds as if the BD CPU's and the 28nm 7000 Southern Island GPU's are going to be released at around the same time, so I am going to hold off until them. But if BD isn't up to par, I will be building with primarily Intel.

post-73619-13018938266491_thumb.jpg

im not really happy with the overclock although i should be. im loosing my winter weather where im at so i cant get the stable 4.7 to 4.8ghz on my cpu anymore. i am working on modding my old lancool lian li k62 case and working on a new waterblock/peltier system to supercool my water loops, will have to see how this works out on my old c2d system before putting it on my 950.

I hate you speedway, you stole my #1 spot for amd graphics. You seem to have gotten slightly higher on your core on your 6970, I'll have to try to bump mine up. Also I'm getting an after-market cooler for my 2500k so I'll be able to bring that to 5ghz hopefully. :evilgrin: