3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

muhaha! done a second run with 2x 5770 and it is looking good now :P

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/199306

thanks for keeping the scores up that way i can check for cards that are on the market for future updates.

both cards are at stock because my cpu is bottlenecking :( gpu = 850 / 1200

Edited by WarWeeny

muhaha! done a second run with 2x 5770 and it is looking good now tongue.gif

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/199306

thanks for keeping the scores up that way i can check for cards that are on the market for future updates.

both cards are at stock because my cpu is bottlenecking sad.gif gpu = 850 / 1200

Nice score!

But there's no way that i5 @ 4.0Ghz is bottle necking 2x 5770's... your fine... If you cant OC the 5770's then something else is at fault, PSU Maybe?

Nice score!

But there's no way that i5 @ 4.0Ghz is bottle necking 2x 5770's... your fine... If you cant OC the 5770's then something else is at fault, PSU Maybe?

you can say much but if i oc the gpu i dont get a performance boost in either 3d mark 06/11 or in games and my psu is fine (ocz 700 modxstream) first attemt was at 3.7 ghz abd i got 22000 at 3dmark 06 and when i bumped up the cpu to 4ghz i got 24000 so i think it is still my cpu bottlenecking mah cards. i treid to oc the cards to 900 / 1300 but no difference in frames or score so that must be it... right?

id have to agree with warweeny...

it seems to be a cpu bottleneck.. as the same goes with me.. the higher i clock my cpu.. the higher my scores go.. including my gpu.. but thats only in single threaded benches that arent too gpu intensive..

3dmark being one of those.. 06/11

held back by cpu but not in vantage.. or alteast not by much..

Had a go at the benchmark and got about P3800

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/270074

Not too bad for i7 930 @2.8 GHz and Radeon HD5850 @ stock speeds (core @ 725 MHz, memory @ 1000 MHz) but not too good either. So im sorta :mellow:

Did get a weird error at the end saying that the Catalyst 10.12 driver wasn't "approved" by Futuremark though... :dunno:

Yeah newest drivers for ATI aren't supported yet, not sure if that makes a huge difference but we'll see as they roll out updates.

And it seems like they favor CPU performance in these tests, I feel like a 6950 should blow some 5770 and 5870's outta the water. I'm starting to feel a little more satisfied with my 5870. lol Then again, in games I'm sure it proves it's worth.