Water_Hazard

3dMark 11

Ok , just disabled my tri-fire

Benched on a single 5970 at 970mhz core and 1290mhz mem (if you're wondering why the clocks are lower than tri-fire ,its because its nearly 30 degrees celsius in my room and too hot)

3D Mark 11 Basic only allows you to store a single result to your account so I only could make a screen shot.

3dmark115970.th.jpg

Scores : P7711

So ... Scaling in 3D Mark 11 is from 7711 to 10389 (extra 5 mhz on core and mem but shouldnt make too much difference) which is a difference of 2678 which means it scales about 35% - 40% on 10.3 drivers .

Ok, well I've done a bit of preliminary tri-fire testing and this is my results so far...

3D Mark 11 score : P10389

Heres the link : http://3dmark.com/3dm11/76051

Heres the pic :

new3dmark11nyt.th.jpg

Was benching at 975mhz core and 1295mhz mem . Pretty good temps too.

I found out that my cpu downclocked the last 2 cores of my X6 to 1ghz so I will rerun later with it all maxed at 4ghz.

Holy crap man... thats insane... Have you been able to do any testing in game yet? Im curious to see how tri-fire fairs ingame, and outside of a benchmark. Can we pretend my GPU doesnt matter and just go off my CPU score? 10032?? Please? Lol My 5770 = dah poop.

You mentioned some ram timings... you really think it has that big a difference?? I think id like to test this, I ran 4.4Ghz through the bench with my ram at like 1650 or something, and at 6-8-6-20... I think ill drop it to like 1200mhz(i dont remember the exact number that the lowest divider gives me at 210bclk) and 9-9-9-28 and see what it does to my score. Have to wait until i get home to do the test though.

Holy crap man... thats insane... Have you been able to do any testing in game yet? Im curious to see how tri-fire fairs ingame, and outside of a benchmark. Can we pretend my GPU doesnt matter and just go off my CPU score? 10032?? Please? Lol My 5770 = dah poop.

You mentioned some ram timings... you really think it has that big a difference?? I think id like to test this, I ran 4.4Ghz through the bench with my ram at like 1650 or something, and at 6-8-6-20... I think ill drop it to like 1200mhz(i dont remember the exact number that the lowest divider gives me at 210bclk) and 9-9-9-28 and see what it does to my score. Have to wait until i get home to do the test though.

Havent really done much game benching , only synthetics so far . I have tried a bit of Dirt 2 but I was getting an odd score of 120 FPS on max :-/ But that was with old drivers . And CPU limits it , a lot actually . I've been dominating in benchmarks like Heaven , Stalker ,etc .Lol ,I wish I had your cpu :lol:

Im not sure about the timings , I'll try test it later too.

totally agree which is why in the real world, my setup reigns supreme while in synthetics, i get owned by a 2.8ghz intel cpu and a dual gpu with stock settings lol

synthetic benches r one thing and real world testing is another.. ive never really been fussed with synthetics, especially since my old dual 5850 setup smashes my current card atm in vantage and every other synthetic test, but falls very very short in real world testing..

and as another note.. i noticed that 3dx11 doesnt look nice either... felt like i was back in ps2 days...

even 06 looked better... i wonder why..

The GTX 580 is a BA card! But in games ( real world ) the 5970 is still the king! If I remember correctly on the OCC ASUS GTX 580 review at the higher resolutions, the 5970 consistantly topped the 580. I love these synthetic benches, and they do make for some very fun competitions. But, in the real world (games) the GTX 580 does not "reign supreme" However, it is w/o a doubt the single fastest gpu on the market, just not the single fastest card! The 5970 is still at the top of almost every game in fps at higher resolutions, but it has 2 gpu's, so it should be!

But, 06 does not look better. Some of the lighting effects in the new 11 benchmark are amazing. But, Camaro_dude was correct in that the new 3DMark11 is running at much less fps than the tests in 3DMark06! There is always going to be a big difference if we are talking about 20-40fps (11) and 100 or even 200+fps that you see on 06!

Like I keep telling ya dude.. Come to the duel arena so u can see how the gtx 580 is not the fastest in real world... I'm yet to have a 5970 "topple" it... Nyt had to upgrade his cooling solution ffs lol and I'm still waiting for the results from this extra clocking..

I doubt it'll come close... Maybe someone else with the same card should join him in battle??

Like I keep telling ya dude.. Come to the duel arena so u can see how the gtx 580 is not the fastest in real world... I'm yet to have a 5970 "topple" it... Nyt had to upgrade his cooling solution ffs lol and I'm still waiting for the results from this extra clocking..

I doubt it'll come close... Maybe someone else with the same card should join him in battle??

Someone is getting cocky... lol... When the 6970(or maybe 6990 oOoOOOooOOOoooo!) comes out, ill finally be able to decide if im going with a GTX580 or a 6970... at this point i hope its a 6970, just so i can watch it destroy(or just barely beat is good with me! lol) that GTX580. Id really like to see AMD on top again.

I cant wait for Bulldozer to come out either... After all these years id REALLY like to see AMD come out on top again, and id looooooooove to watch Intel squirm alittle and have real competition again.

Also, are you sure i cant borrow your GTX580 for like a week?? Id really like to see what i can do in 3dmark11 with it, lol.

I'm yet to have a 5970 "topple" it... Nyt had to upgrade his cooling solution ffs lol and I'm still waiting for the results from this extra clocking..

I could have done it on stock , but I dont want the temps to be that high. They're stable but I dont like them being there.

matt, the only way to show "real world" results is to game! Everyone doesn't have all of the same games! Do we really need to play a bunch of the same games to compare fps when ccokeman has written an entire review on it? All that I'm saying is the 5970 at higher resolutions plays most games at higher fps than the GTX 580, but the 5970 is a dual gpu card. So these results aren't really a surprise. Now the fact that the single gpu 580 can hold it's own is nothing shy of amazing!

Also I never said the 5970 would "topple" the GTX 580. I said it "topped" the GTX 580 in almost every game tested at higher resolutions. Read the review, that is a true statement! Make sure you quote accurately, cause you know someone will see that, not read my post, and start a whole different rant about the 5970 not "toppling" the 580!

I read the review and tried his tests with his settings myself and scored higher... Could be system based or just a slightly better silicon.. All I'm saying is that this particular card isn't being topped in game benches..

In synthetics I'm getting wasted though lol

All I'm saying is that this particular card isn't being topped in game benches..

What game bench ?! The only one we even used is Stalker in the duels ! We havent even tried other games yet so stop going around saying the the GTX580 is better and the 5970 cant touch it . Hate to break the news to you , but Im still beating you in majority of the duel's. And I wont hesitate to pull out all the stops to beat you.

P.S : Sorry if it sounds a little mean but its true :cheers:

bring it! uve got a new heaven to beat ;)

and i do believe im winning the battle thus far.. :)

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

and i do believe im winning the battle thus far.. :)

On one battle by 0.2 fps that gives you majority ! I'll take the crown tomorrow when I feel in the mood for benching .