Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol so it doesnt seem u have a "magical card" after all.. told ya.. ur scores about half of what the 580 does lol and good work nyt!

i knew u could do it! stomp those 460s! hahahah

I'm very confused by this :rolleyes: Matty are you comparing a $150 card to your $600 card? I'm lost, maybe some1 can help :whistling:

I thought the 6000 series dont overclock well?.BTW-whats the stock volts of the 6870?

The 6000 series doesnt overclock much and remain stable . 1.3v is limiting it. Im running 1010mhz and 1210mhz 100% stable and temps in the 60's Celsius . Stock voltage is 1175mV

If AMD let the voltage go to 1.35-1.375v then people could overclock to where I got it on gpu-z and still be fully stable

lol so it doesnt seem u have a "magical card" after all.. told ya.. ur scores about half of what the 580 does lol and good work nyt!

i knew u could do it! stomp those 460s! hahahah

stomp is what of an exagertion it was colser then i thought it would be and compare his processor with mine etc it was not a bad battle. if i wasnt such a coward and oc my gtx higher it would have ben iether a draw or i had won it.. but allas i am a coward so i have to admit dehand...err.. defeat.. FOR NOW ;D

Edited by WarWeeny

stomp is what of an exagertion it was colser then i thought it would be and compare his processor with mine etc it was not a bad battle. if i wasnt such a coward and oc my gtx higher it would have ben iether a draw or i had won it.. but allas i am a coward so i have to admit dehand...err.. defeat.. FOR NOW ;D

I can switch off two cores and battle with a stock 4 core 1090t if it makes you feel better :P

You wouldnt win if you oc'ed higher . El_Capitan is on water else his cards would've burned most likely . But I'd still win.

Heck look at El_Capitan's results with two 460's compared to my single 6870 :

Kombustor : I would've won

El_Capitan 21340 points

Nyt Ryda = 23464 points

Stalker: It would've been a draw since each of use would win 2 tests

El_Capitan

Day 29.3 / 37.4 / 47.3

Night 25.5 / 36.4 / 51.0

Rain 27.6 / 38.3 51.4

SunShafts 18.7 / 23.0 / 29.6

Nyt Ryda

Day: 20.3 , 39.1 , 57.6

Night: 24.3 , 33.8 , 49.7

Rain: 25.7 , 35.2 , 49.8

Sun: 19.6 , 25.1 , 38.3

Heaven: Would be a draw since we scored the same

El_Capitan 29.3 FPS

Nyt Ryda = 29.3FPS

A single 6870 is besting two 460's . El_Capitan must have something wrong with his system if a single 6870 is beating his 460's . It doesnt make sense :doh:

But either way , I still beat ya Warweeny :teehee:

I can switch off two cores and battle with a stock 4 core 1090t if it makes you feel better :P

You wouldnt win if you oc'ed higher . El_Capitan is on water else his cards would've burned most likely . But I'd still win.

Heck look at El_Capitan's results with two 460's compared to my single 6870 :

Kombustor : I would've won

El_Capitan 21340 points

Nyt Ryda = 23464 points

Stalker: It would've been a draw since each of use would win 2 tests

El_Capitan

Day 29.3 / 37.4 / 47.3

Night 25.5 / 36.4 / 51.0

Rain 27.6 / 38.3 51.4

SunShafts 18.7 / 23.0 / 29.6

Nyt Ryda

Day: 20.3 , 39.1 , 57.6

Night: 24.3 , 33.8 , 49.7

Rain: 25.7 , 35.2 , 49.8

Sun: 19.6 , 25.1 , 38.3

Heaven: Would be a draw since we scored the same

El_Capitan 29.3 FPS

Nyt Ryda = 29.3FPS

A single 6870 is besting two 460's . El_Capitan must have something wrong with his system if a single 6870 is beating his 460's . It doesnt make sense :doh:

But either way , I still beat ya Warweeny :teehee:

well i score higher on heaven benchmark then his 2 gtx 460 so there is definatly something wrong with his rig (maybe bottle neck procesor? dunno what he has :P)

you have beaten me on the dual that is something i cant deny but some scores were so close that it could be different if you and me would run it again (furmark for example)

and i am still waiting for your 3dmark 06 (just download it from guru 3d or something and run the test i didnt do anything different) plus dirt 2 likes ati cards :P

lame exuses i know but the truth ;D ....now i am still waiting for the acceptance of iviyth0s :P

still there where little differences in the tests you did so i am statisfied with the result even if i lost i know my system is keeping up with x6 core with 6870 and that is a victory for me :)

Edited by WarWeeny

well i score higher on heaven benchmark then his 2 gtx 460 so there is definatly something wrong with his rig (maybe bottle neck procesor? dunno what he has :P)

you have beaten me on the dual that is something i cant deny but some scores were so close that it could be different if you and me would run it again (furmark for example)

and i am still waiting for your 3dmark 06 (just download it from guru 3d or something and run the test i didnt do anything different) plus dirt 2 likes ati cards :P

lame exuses i know but the truth ;D ....now i am still waiting for the acceptance of iviyth0s :P

still there where little differences in the tests you did so i am statisfied with the result even if i lost i know my system is keeping up with x6 core with 6870 and that is a victory for me :)

3D Mark 06 is a whole system test and relies a lot on the cpu anyway. Plus I dont feel like doing it :P

Well played! Nice clocks there Nyt! Warweeny just needs to get to 1050MHz like SpeedCrazy.

? Which 1050MHz did i get to? You mean the one that almost killed my card? (btw after re-seating that cards hsf the temps are now normal)