AMD kills ATI brand, you can look forward to blood-stained Radeons

WReXSTi

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to start calling these graphics cards AMD cards. I know that they have been since the HD 2xxx series but the name remained the same as it always was. Any "red team" graphics cards will always be ATi, the way that it has been since my 64MB AGP RADEON 7000 (huh, convenient timing much considering this was the first true numbered Radeon part). ATi will always live on for me, both in spirit and in a physical presence (the 7000, x1800XL, and 5770).

I guess I'll make the exception for Fusion GPUs though. I'll give them that much since its on the same die as the CPU, so it might as well be AMD.

Maybe now I can actually forget how bad that 7000 was.

Edited by RogerDeath

AMD 6870, is it me or does this not have the same ring to it. ATI is a much better name for the graphics card, why not stick with it, its only changing two letters and its not like we dont all already know ATI is AMD.

AMD 6870, is it me or does this not have the same ring to it. ATI is a much better name for the graphics card, why not stick with it, its only changing two letters and its not like we dont all already know ATI is AMD.

It's going to take some getting used to for sure. I don't have a problem with it and I know it is all marketing because the same product will be under that badge. The OP scared me too! I thought I was going to have to go out and stockpile ATI cards for craigslist and ebay. :whistling: