AMD kills ATI brand, you can look forward to blood-stained Radeons

WReXSTi

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a two-letter change...

:withstupid: if anything it saves us 4 characters because we can just refer to the company as AMD rather than adding the /ATi. I still know its the same company so as long as the cards are just good i dont see the problem.

Pam Anderson

Celine Dion

Zildjian and Sabian drum cymbals

Cheez Whiz

Dino Sours

Coffee Crisp

Three Days Grace

Sum 41

Hot Rods (like slim jims, but 1000000000x better)

plus

All of these actors

And

These Musicians.

... I rest my case.

TDG are are awesome just wish they'd come back to aus. All valid points above but Pammy's best days are behind her and you have to deduct a point for Nickelback :lol:

:withstupid: if anything it saves us 4 characters because we can just refer to the company as AMD rather than adding the /ATi. I still know its the same company so as long as the cards are just good i dont see the problem.

TDG are are awesome just wish they'd come back to aus. All valid points above but Pammy's best days are behind her and you have to deduct a point for Nickelback :lol:

But they get 2 points back for The Guess Who. "These eyes, cry every night, for you, these arms, long to hold you, again..........."

Am I the only one who thinks AMD Radeon has a nice ring to it? :P

Nah, I kinda like how it sounds. I've been expecting something similar since AMD absorbs ATI - I'm actually surprised it took this long.

What looks like a monopoly to you? :fp:

There are still three major companies - AMD, Intel and NVIDIA (with Intel not producing discrete graphics - yet) and one smaller company - S3. So, erm, where is this monopoly of yours?

Clearly you don't understand what I meant. I am not talking the same type of monopoly that you see in the popular board-game.

I'm not talking about a horizontal monopoly, I mean a vertical monopoly. AMD will be producing chipsets (as they have in the past) as well as Processors and now branding ATI as AMD means they will also be producing GPUs

This means that any of the OEM's are dealing with AMD, it would be easier for them (and possibly cheaper?) to buy several things that are made by AMD alone because of this...it just doesn't seem like this is a very fair form of competition...which is ironically the exact same thing that AMD is always accusing Intel of doing.

Edited by Locutus

AMD has been producing the GPUs; it was just called an ATI GPU. nothing more than a name switch

I'm just saying that it's more evident now that their practices are becoming, I dunno, un-sportsmanlike? I dunno how you would define it for major corporations though.

"Monopoly abuse" is what they call it. Market dominance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4629963.stm

Edited by Locutus

I'm just saying that it's more evident now that their practices are becoming, I dunno, un-sportsmanlike? I dunno how you would define it for major corporations though.

"Monopoly abuse" is what they call it. Market dominance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4629963.stm

yeahhh but their a long ways off from "market dominance" lol