Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

I'm interested to see what the "different levels" will be because generally speaking, I think contests like this are stupid - the winners wind up being the people that need new hardware the least.

That's what classes are meant for. :) For example, last Raptor Bowl, I entered the dual-core category with a Phenom II X2 550. Needless to say I crushed everyone with that $100 CPU, and won a 1-year subscription to the CPU magazine! Filling my LN2 dewar was more expensive than the value of the prize though, but hey, I do it for the fun of it, not for the prize. :) Same thing for Road-runner! Andrewr05 won a participation prize too.

That's what classes are meant for. :) For example, last Raptor Bowl, I entered the dual-core category with a Phenom II X2 550. Needless to say I crushed everyone with that $100 CPU, and won a 1-year subscription to the CPU magazine! Filling my LN2 dewar was more expensive than the value of the prize though, but hey, I do it for the fun of it, not for the prize. :) Same thing for Road-runner! Andrewr05 won a participation prize too.

Well that's why I said I'm interested to see what the levels are.

Just saw this thread, I'm definitely in! :D

uh huh just like you were in on the Powercolor contest and never realized you won :haha:

I'm interested to see what the "different levels" will be because generally speaking, I think contests like this are stupid - the winners wind up being the people that need new hardware the least.

Read page three it explains it there.

hah really?

the ole' PM box hasn't see any action in a while.

I clearly stated that the winners had to contact me to claim their prize :whistling:

We went through a few people before the last person contacted me :lol: That will teach you not to subscribe to a contest thread :rofl:

Read page three it explains it there.

So you mean there is no hardware class? Are there some restrictions at least? Road-Runner probably has quad-fire ready to go already. :(

I clearly stated that the winners had to contact me to claim their prize :whistling:

We went through a few people before the last person contacted me :lol: That will teach you not to subscribe to a contest thread :rofl:

Haha Damian. This one is good. :haha:

without hardware classes this seems like a ati / i7 contest.

i just busted my butt hitting 20k , oh well maybe next time.

i run day to day at 18k the last 2k was a push good luck to the rest of u guys i guess

So you mean there is no hardware class? Are there some restrictions at least? Road-Runner probably has quad-fire ready to go already. :(

I have quad fire, the points gained in 06 with anything above 2 cards is very little though, probably only use 2-5870s...

2-5870s http://hwbot.org/community/submission/978408_road_runner_3dmark_2006_2x_radeon_hd_5870_39928_marks

3-5870s http://hwbot.org/community/submission/982874_road_runner_3dmark_2006_3x_radeon_hd_5870_41419_marks

Edited by road-runner

Heading out to Quebec today, coming back in 3-4 days, hopefully the contest will still be running! Installed my new heatsink, cleaned out my case, and prepped the air conditioner for a long overclocking session, lol.