Torchlight 2

Andrewr05

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time I finished the beta, my two pistols were doing over 170 dps each not including the execute actions, and one of them was doing an extra 367 points of damage over 5 seconds as well as elemental damage and the other one was doing massive splash damage.

Haha, I feel sorry for this guy. 340 dps? My Berserker crits for like 1000 and hits like 400-600 on very fast attack weapons (Haven't even beat the beta yet haha). I saw this video of a Wandzerker, which surprisingly does a lot of damage but its all single target. I'd rather have the splash damage.

Edited by AZNguyen

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to this post, they are just finishing up on Act 2. So I guess we got a few more months till release?

If you've been following along, you'd know that's not accurate. Travis is simply reporting on what he has done...there's another guy that has been working on Act 3, but he doesn't "blog" about it.

If you don't want to read them all, here's the first one, which I'll quote: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30225

"All of the acts exist. ( There are 4, but the 4th is quite small in comparison to the previous 3 ) All of the levels are there, stitched together to form a game. There are events, secret rooms, towns, merchants, the works. They all spawn appropriate monsters, boss events exist, quests, etc. The loot is there. The wardrobes. The NPCs. The cinematics. The 'game' exists.

Polish means taking that and making sure that the individual monsters are fun to fight, that their groupings work well together, that we expose balance issues late in the game ( be they from monster leveling, or skill leveling, or what have you ) and correct them. We want the individual monsters to each have a 'thing' that makes them unique, and interesting to fight in the context of other monsters around them.

I'm polishing Act 2 right now ( the Desert Act - we let people play it at last year's PAX - a lot has happened to it since then ). I'm going to guess that I'm about 3/5 of the way complete with my polish pass on that Act. Marsh is deep into his as well on 3. It is difficult to predict how long exactly it will take to complete an Act's polish - a monsters' ability might take as little as 20 minutes to make, or as much as a day in rare, difficult cases. Sometimes they just feel 'wrong' and you have to bang on them until they feel right, or get creative about replacing them with something more appropriate."

• 2 weeks later...

I no longer care until they hurry up and announce an official release date or let it out already -- I've had the pre-order all summer for a "summer" release -- who's seasons are we following here???