Torchlight 2

Andrewr05

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat the beta (Act One) with my Outlander, as well as reached max beta level of 21 (well before beating the final act one boss). Once I got a good shotgonne, my character was pretty badass.

Here are my final look and stats at the end: http://steamcommunity.com/id/claymeow/screenshot/541801804084526521

Then I created an Embermage, and unlike the Outlander who took awhile (and a good item) to be badass, she was badass from the beginning. Only got her to level 7 for now though.

Sweet... because I installed the game but haven't had a single minute to fire it up :(

Hopefully you'll get a chance to today or tomorrow. Tons of fun. I'm nearly to the end of the first act, should reach it by tonight.

It was really fun, I'm glad they extended the stats.

Though I am disliking how STR pretty much effects all damage output.

Not for Embermage. You can basically just pump FOC since its damage output is entirely elemental. It's largely for that reason (plus a few more) that I think Embermage is far superior than Outlander for ranged combat.

I didn't really like how all damage is based on strength...shouldn't agility govern ranged damage? I mean, it lets you be quite a bit more versatile but at the same time isn't that the point of having the stats separate?

I didn't really like how all damage is based on strength...shouldn't agility govern ranged damage? I mean, it lets you be quite a bit more versatile but at the same time isn't that the point of having the stats separate?

Clay had the same thing about ranged damage and how dexterity is pretty useless for Outlander. From the sound of things, Runic will be tweaking some stuff like that, but we'll just have to see when the game ships.

Dexterity is fine with my Berserker since it helps me dodge some hits. :lol:

I'd like to see them change it. The nice thing is that if I don't like it...someone (or me!) has the ability to mod it if they choose to. Take that D3! :lol: