Torchlight 2

Andrewr05

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/05/17/beta-update-upcoming-weekend-stress-test/

Hi Everyone! We've been busy squashing bugs and deploying patches - 8, in fact! - since our last update. The Torchlight II beta is going really well, and is nearing its end. But before we go, we're going to do a wide network stress test this weekend! We'll be sending out many more beta codes to those who have already made their Runic Games Account. Haven't signed up yet? Go for it now! Creating your account is always your best chance to receive a beta invite - especially this weekend.

The Beta Weekend will start on Friday, May 18th at 11:00am PDT and go until Tuesday, May 22nd at 11:00am PDT. We will be staggering invitations to let participants know they have been chosen, but you will not be able to play until the start of the Beta Weekend on Friday. This is to help stagger downloading of the game client.

The beta will end shortly after this last big network test. We are going to get the last information we need for stress testing, and then get back to finishing the game! A longer beta means a longer wait until we can ship, and we are eager to finish Torchlight II and get it in your hands. Thanks to all our fans who've supported us, participated in, and promoted the beta. It's incredibly fulfilling to see you guys play the game and enjoy it as much as we do.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlander - Boring and seemingly underpowered after playing Berserker. Probably just need to find a better weapon for him. Be prepared for a lot of kiting and dodging.

Going to try Outlander out first because I loved my Vanquisher in the first game. I maxed out all the passive skills and explosive shot and she was a beast.

Enjoying the Outlander thus far, but only at Level 11. Haven't tried the other classes, so can't compare. Definitely feels weaker than my Vanquisher in the original game, though she's level 89 (or something like that), so not really a fair comparison :lol:.

I am regretting choosing Veteran difficulty though - it's taking forever to kill enemies, especially bosses (and even more especially, One-Eyed Willy in Plunder Cave and his ever-spawning skeleton army...I didn't die, but he chased me through half the map and it took forever).

Also, I've gotten two unique drops thus far...and they were both the same damn gloves: http://steamcommunity.com/id/claymeow/screenshot/541801804004901673

As of now, I like my Path of Exile Ranger more, I think largely because the skills in PoE feel meatier than they do in T2, at least for the Outlander. Hopefully that changes as I level more.

T2 characters feel like they get weaker after level 10 or so. When you create a server you can change the difficulty.

General Grell completely kicked my arse. I think I died four times.

As of now, I'm using a two-handed cannon. I'm not even sure it's really a weapon I'm "supposed" to be using as Outlander though, as most of the skills don't work with it. Still, it does way more damage than any dual-wield pistols I've had, though I did just get a bow that should actually do some damage.

Got a beta key this morning (or last night?), I'll have to play it a bit later.

I'm downloading now..

Only an 800MB download/install. You'll be playing in no time :)

Went with outlander.

At first something seemed off, like the view seemed kind of wonky somehow, it looks fine at the moment.

Meh... maybe just took me a few minutes to get used to that specific angle of 'top-down' view?

It has been awesome so far though, I've gotten 2 orange drops and I just made it to level 13-14 (don't remember) before taking a break.

General Grell completely kicked my arse. I think I died four times.
think I died 5 or 6 times from that bastard.

He must have a stupidly massive amount of HP because even with seemingly 19/20ths of the bar gone it still took me 50+ shots to kill him.

As of now, I'm using a two-handed cannon. I'm not even sure it's really a weapon I'm "supposed" to be using as Outlander though, as most of the skills don't work with it. Still, it does way more damage than any dual-wield pistols I've had, though I did just get a bow that should actually do some damage.
It's a ranged weapon, I'm assuming it's for outlander but I can't be sure...

(EDIT: I just looked and cannons are strength+vitality so I'm assuming they aren't an Outlander weapon)

I got a rare cannon that I though about using, it does am [EXPLETIVE] ton of damage but it is really really slow.

Although I may just use it in my 'secondary' weapon slot and switch back and worth.

My Berserker and Embermage wrecked General Grell. I found a bug where if you stand just beyond his event activation area, you can just shoot at a stone seat to damage him haha. No fun in that though, no clue if you will get any drops if you kill him like that. I'll try it when I get there on my Outlander.

Edited by AZNguyen