Starcraft II

tkrow21

Does anyone know how to switch the version of the final mission (from Air to Ground) since I find the air one pretty damn hard, plus I don't have ghosts.

Meaning you did the ground in the second-to-last mission? Although you can go back into the archives and play the other version, it doesn't change what you've originally chosen, so I think the only solution is for you to load up a saved game from before the second-to-last mission and choose air this time.

Meaning you did the ground in the second-to-last mission? Although you can go back into the archives and play the other version, it doesn't change what you've originally chosen, so I think the only solution is for you to load up a saved game from before the second-to-last mission and choose air this time.

lol yea I did the ground (and after that the air but that doesn't seem to matter). I also don't have an old save. I've overridden em all. I guess I'll just do the air. Pretty hard on brutal tho but it's the last mission so I'll hold it.

Edited by sack_patrol

lol yea I did the ground (and after that the air but that doesn't seem to matter). I also don't have an old save. I've overridden em all. I guess I'll just do the air. Pretty hard on brutal tho but it's the last mission so I'll hold it.

If you planned on replaying the campaign, just beat the last mission on Easy, then next time around, be sure to choose air, and you can try brutal at that point.

If you planned on replaying the campaign, just beat the last mission on Easy, then next time around, be sure to choose air, and you can try brutal at that point.

u crazy. I'm not touching easy or anything besides brutal. Anyways, I managed to find some older saves and after a few more hours of play, I've finally got my ground version of All in. Except it, I still need to play In the belly of the beast and Piercing the shroud to finish all missions.

Because some things are just worth fighting for. ;)

I've been thinking about how to pwn fast mutalisk harrasing players, and since blink stalkers aren't an option unless I know he's going mutas from the start of the game, or or I get to the mid game which is also pretty hard because of the economical setback, I though that maybe I can make some kind of 3 gate into high templar mix which would be good against mutas.

Would this actually work in the mid to late game if the guy decides to go mass muta?

Dark Templars if they're going mutalisks. Just kill off the mutalisk building and hit and run. Not many zerg players upgrade their overseer, if it does, it slows down their gas production. Then go overlord/overseer hunting with any anti-air air units. He'll have to build ground units, mostly zerglings until he can start building muta's again.

The key to defeating the zerg is slowing down their production. Unit producing buildings (zerg hatchery prevents the first Hatchery upgrade - so no overlord to overseer capability, and no Queen production), overlords, Queens, usually in that order. If you can scout, mass zealots to Dark Templars and prevent them from an early Hatchery upgrade, there's nothing a zerg player can do against stealth units. You don't need a lot of Dark Tempars, either. Just kill off that Zerg Hatchery with Dark Templars before he upgrades his Hatchery, game over. If against Protoss, they won't be building anti-air defense early, anyways. Just don't build a lot (2-3 is sufficient), Dark Templars are used more for supplementing your army and attacking key units/buildings.

that seems fine, but overseers are pretty easy to make not to mention cheap in the Gold-Plat levels since everyones macro is bad everyone can find the money for some overseers without it being the deciding factor of their win or loss. I'd rather skip the DTs and instead use HTs. Only down side to them is that they aren't that good (in theory) against other protoss players so that might take some time to adjust, unless I do a different build vs protoss which I don't want because I think that a good strategy and build will be good against anything. So I wanna make this High Templar build flexible and adaptable depending on the other dude's build.

I haven't played SC in YEARS (maybe 9?) and even then I didn't play it all that much (I was more of a warcraft kind of guy), I have played online between warcraft/Starcraft and Diablo II maybe 25 times in my life.

Would I even enjoy Starcraft II?

I've heard (a few months ago) that technically it is just about the same game with minor improvements ans just a graphics upgrade.

gameplay wise its very similar. but fundamentally its changed drastically. your sc1 strats are not going to work in sc2. if you're not willing to put in the time to understand the game and how to play then its not worth it unless you really really like nexus wars.

btw anyone can add me on NA servers. i don't play team games but i'm usually down to 1v1 if you see me on.

pREDDY.977

Edited by battery