Starcraft II

tkrow21

MLG Spoiler alert!

Congrats to Naniwa for winning the 2011 MLG tournament and congrats to Kiwikaki for the second place, taking Naniwa down twice giving him his 2 FIRTS LOSSES of the whole tournament. Two amazing protoss players. If anyone deserves to be up there, it's Naniwa and Kiwikaki.

Edited by sack_patrol

• 1 month later...

So I haven't played this game in ...wow, almost a year - and 1v1 on AI Vs with the computer set to Very Hard is kicking my butt. I get past the initial wave but Wave 2 is just fierce. Hard helped me rebuild my early game but my mid-game has always sucked and I am guessing I won't get past Very Hard until I fix it.

Probably not worth playing online till I can at least beat 1 stupid AI set to VH.

Finally beat Very Hard but so far only beat it twice. The problem was my early game and I needed to stick with my plan better. I modified how I build my Pylons/Probes, but it is looking like I can't make it a set strategy because depending on which location I get affects my mineral count so in one location I may build my Pylon on Supply 8 and another it might be Supply 9. So i am just gonna have to go by mineral count or my opening won't be too efficient.

Still not sure what the transition point is from Early to Mid game as I had to stick with ground to win. Though the computer had Air and a Ghost Academy. At the point I won is probably where I would have started going Air but my counterattack was more than enough. Though I have to say Zealots are SUCK! Talk about a waste of mineral.

What league were/are you in?

I never did play my placement matches and I only played MP in Beta. When it released I just played the Single Player campaign. I don't remember what my record was in Beta and I only saved 1 battle in movie format.

Do voids still have the acceleration upgrade? When did they take it out?

Voidrays got nerfed hard. More of an expensive harassment unit now. Their range was reduced and upgrade removed. Marines and Viking tear 'em up.

So for those who play online or did recently, do you practice against the computer? ...if so, what gives you a challenge?

The computer doesn't do any fancy/funky tricks like placing a Pylon in your base or a Nydus Worm, etc.. But the computer is a lot better than the original in simulating early advancement with a pretty decent force. Question is how relevant is this in preparing yourself for online battle these days. I want to get back into the StarCraft world but I haven't played online since Beta and I'm afraid its been too long to try now as everyone who is left playing will probably be very advanced. I'm sure all the casuals have moved on by now.

Noticing how big the jumps were from Medium to Hard to Very Hard, something tells me Insane will live up to its name. Wondering if it would be better to work on say 1 Very Hard and 1 Medium ...then work the 2nd computer up in difficulty rather trying to beat 1 computer on Insane. I thought I read somewhere on Very Hard the computer will cheat a little but on Insane the computer cheats fairly well. Not sure if that is true.

So for those who play online or did recently, do you practice against the computer? ...if so, what gives you a challenge?

The computer doesn't do any fancy/funky tricks like placing a Pylon in your base or a Nydus Worm, etc.. But the computer is a lot better than the original in simulating early advancement with a pretty decent force. Question is how relevant is this in preparing yourself for online battle these days. I want to get back into the StarCraft world but I haven't played online since Beta and I'm afraid its been too long to try now as everyone who is left playing will probably be very advanced. I'm sure all the casuals have moved on by now.

Noticing how big the jumps were from Medium to Hard to Very Hard, something tells me Insane will live up to its name. Wondering if it would be better to work on say 1 Very Hard and 1 Medium ...then work the 2nd computer up in difficulty rather trying to beat 1 computer on Insane. I thought I read somewhere on Very Hard the computer will cheat a little but on Insane the computer cheats fairly well. Not sure if that is true.

I use the single player skirmishes a different way. If I want to try out a new strategy or refine my own, I play vs the easy computer on the same map over and over again then watch the replays and repeat until I'm happy with the result, then I go online to test the strat against a real human. I'll also play a few of these training games before I start laddering or playing in a tournament for warm up. The single player is pretty useless for anything apart from that. Not nearly as fun as playing against real people. No matter the difficulty it's still not as good as playing against a human. You don't get anything out of being able to beat a computer even if playing on Insane.