• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought about doing it as a video...
+1

As long as the videos between members are all of similar quality and editing then I think OCC would benefit from having videos incorporated into reviews an guides.

:)

Maybe we need a member with good video editing skills to receive all of the video files (via the internet or a physical copy) so that they all have the same production quality.

Then we would need to make an "OCC opening sequence" to incorporate into all of the videos.

To keep with the spirit of things, we could have someone write a guide on video editing, with emphasis on the style used for other guides.

I'm going to put together a guide for image editing with GIMP a little later, with a focus on cleaning out backgrounds and highlighting areas of interest. Why? I had an idea (then two) for other guides, and pictures would be useful. I figured why not document the process of cleaning up the images and make a guide off of those.

The guides are on how to install a hard drive or optical drive (both serial and parallel) and a power supply. Had to take out my old computer's power supply for pictures of the drives plugged in, so I figured I could put something together on that too.

I can tell you from years of experience that you never know what you're talking about, until you try to explain it to someone else. Try writing one and see what you come up with. As you go you'll probably notice the little questions you had not thought of before, but must now answer. Also, bouncing what you write off of someone else can help.

I can totally agree on this. I had to write a guide for one of my classes this past semester.. the teacher said to write a guide for someone who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The basis of "keep it simple, stupid" seriously applies for a guide of any kind. Bouncing the steps off of someone is great because if they can't understand what to do, no one else will.

I can tell you from years of experience that you never know what you're talking about, until you try to explain it to someone else. Try writing one and see what you come up with.
i'm the complete opposite. i think i know something then i try and explain it to someone and i cant do it. or they end up knowing more :ouch:

Could I do a a guide on the physics of computers?

I can do all the electrical terms, how voltage relates to watts, ohms, amps and all that

along with the equations and stuff :P

Could I do a a guide on the physics of computers?

I can do all the electrical terms, how voltage relates to watts, ohms, amps and all that

along with the equations and stuff :P

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see that. Could also be useful to those interesting in overclocking, so they can have a more intelligent idea of what is going on, besides "Goes faster so I'm saving money."

Key question right there.

Unfortunately all I can think of for what I could do is setting up an nVidia card for PhysX and Folding while an ATi runs the display. We've already got a thread on the PhysX, but it seems not everyone is successful with the folding.

Let us know what you'd like, and maybe something we can write up something we're not thinking of.

Other than the thread that I started that includes your reply, where would it be that you are referring to and could we maybe get it pinned?