Need A Car.

General912

thanks guys im looking at autotrader but really not finding anything. I looked at some suburbans thats what i would like but its gunna be a fudgin hog. ah well i make good money. This weekend while im at a lan party one of my moms friends is gunna go out looking for me.

tell me what you think bout these:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=17

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=11

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=16

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first 3 on the list I can tell you do not have good leg room. standard cab pickups are horrible (the reason I like the bronco better than the f150 is I can push the seat way back), the s10 jimmy/blazers are little toys with no real leg room either. and the cavilier is well, small.

mustangs are okay on leg room, but your insurance will be a lot higher.

FYI lexus IS toyota.  it's like chevy and GMC... same company, different price points

knew that dude :)

also try to stay away from 4x4 vehicles...they are prone to breaking down more often and can be expensive to repair

check out the worst of 99

here

Edited by Hades25

knew that dude :)

also try to stay away from 4x4 vehicles...they are prone to breaking down more often and can be expensive to repair

check out the worst of 99

here

also 4x4s are more expensive when it comes to insurance.

I wouldnt say volvo are the most reliable, i have heard numerous times that they are the safest, mainly because they use a full frame and not a uni body?

Its a proven fact that japenese cars just last longer, and require less maintenance during thier life.

I would second the suggestion of looking for a olds or caddy that an elderly person has owned.

1. good leg room

2. reletively low mileage

3. good condition

4. decent gas mileage

5. one of the more reliable American made cars.

japanese trucks DON'T hold up as well as the american's did. I've seen toyota's snap thier frames on stuff that ford's and dodge's take like it's nothing. Of couse 99.9% of people do NOT ever make thier 6000+ lb 4x4 a flying object... but he it's nice to know that it'll take it.

Okay, I guess it would have torn up most vehicles :) 9" of lift did probably help my landing. cuz the 4 runner folded just behind the front doors and cracked the frame in half on his landing.

We have a Volvo and I love it as I've said before, and yes on www.sweedspeed.com you can find a Volvo that survived to 1 million miles! Also the Volper is cool. :) We have a Honda that is at 270,000 miles. Hondas never seem to die. The only thing I have against them is every teenager has a Honda. I like to be different so I go with other cars. Hey BigRed can you post a picture of your truck? I don't think I've seen it before.

4. decent gas mileage

yeah right, caddies and oldsmobiles get crap mileage. all those old big cars do. like i drive a 1986 pontiac parisseinne and man i put ten dollars in it and can maybe drive like 60 miles and back. maybe but i doubt it. but u do get legroom i'll give u that they are very very comfortable i love my car. as for volvos man those cars are built like tanks. a friend of mine and i were in an accident when he was driving his volvo and he beat the hell out of this other woman's car and all that happened to his was that his head light popped out.

post-7-1064512037.jpg

kinda old pic. she's had a little more suspension work, new (bigger) tires, and some pretty major body work done since this pic was taken almost 18 months ago.

also, yes it's a 90, YES I'm aware that I have a 94 front clip on the truck. YES that's the only part of the truck that even resembles a post 92 bronco. The truck is on it's 3rd front clip, and second overall body.

Edited by bigred