Need A Car.

General912

Im in a bind kinda. I need to find a car, ive never shopped for one before nor know what to look for. Also i got a price range around $1500-$2000.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

drive it, and if possible take a mechanic or someone who knows cars to take a look at it. If you're looking at trucks, DON'T buy anything that has been used as a plow truck, check the shocks and springs (they'll show obvious signs of wear and tear from towing, offroading, and general abuse). If any work has been done such as engine rebuilds, see the paperwork on the job, and contact the shop that did the work to investigate the cause of the problem (if the oil wasn't changed and the engine blew... signs of a bad prior owner, don't buy it). get the vin # and check with a service such as carfax ect. Also check the under side of the vehicle for rust on the body tub (this is bad news don't touch them).

i just got a "new" car, it needs a little work but itll be worth it. you may look into buying something with a blown engine or some easy to reapire engine damage and fix it your self (if you dont mind getting your hands dirty) and belive me ive done plenty of that owning British roadsters is a full time job in and of itself.

www.autotrader.com !! they will save your life.. put in your make you would kinda want.. price range.. /automatic/standard.. and ratus of the serch you want to proform 5mi 10 mi 100 mi anyware!! I suggest a honda civic, or a toyota or somthin.. they are good on gas and practical for a FIRST CAR.. when you make the big bucks.. you can by a lamborghini.. :P

care about looks or functionality?

foto1web.jpg

These things are ubersafe, fast enough for your needs (I've seen one burn out :P ), plenty of room, good gas mileage, reliable, lasts very long (current world record for miles as of 2000 was held by one according to Guinness book), think how many computers you can fit in the back of those things for a lan party :D . and you dont have as much of a chance of having it stolen like a honda.

forgot about your height. sadly that really limits the vehicles out there for you. another thing to do is check and see if any older people in your area are getting rid of the caddy they never drove much. I've seen 95 caddys and lincolns go for $500. they're in near mint condition too (very hard to do in the northern states where salt EATS vehicles).

PS keep the price of insurance, plates, AND registration in mind. it won't be cheap for a new driver such as yourself.