Sign in to follow this  
General912

Need A Car.

yeah right, caddies and oldsmobiles get crap mileage

:withstupid:

I drove a 78 caddy for about 4 years. It had 300,000 miles, and got about 11 mpg. That translates in to 27,272 gallons of gas that went through it in its lifetime (considering that it always got 11)

That thing was a beast though. I dragged with an early-90's 5.0L Mustang once... and blew it away. :ph34r: They didn't laugh at me again.

I like that pic, red. Looks like you had some fun.

the bronco IS a gas hog. the original 351 and later the 302 (prior to me getting lucky and finding a 473 cui V8 for it) were okay on gas milage ~ 12-15mpg. the current engine in that thing is lucky to hit at best 8mpg.

here's another older pic of it when it was in storage in gladwin with it's second body :( poor truck, the only original part of it is the frame now.

I'm still debating getting rid of it soon :( the upkeep on 2 heavily modified ones, in addition to driving a stock one (short term thing), storing the 3 of them and what's left of the expidition is getting a little crazy now.

Edited by bigred

473? Didn't know those existed. What year is the engine? Makes sense that it gets 8, and that's probably if you have a strong tailwind, going downhill.

Is that a beer can in the foreground?

While we're doing this, here's what I'm driving:

could be a beer can :) dunno the truck was in for the day at that point.

the 473 is out of an 89 F450 super duty. At first I thought it was a 460, until I actually got a 460 sitting next to it. it's not as tall, but it's MUCH wider than the 460 (ruling out the overbore theory I had too)

hades i dont believe that site you put, i mean, it had a volvo as one of the worst. if you know anything about volvos you know that they're the safest and most reliable on the road. :bah:

that site seems rather... biased may i say?

im not biased .. the site was showing the most unreliable....the benz ML series are one of the worst for 2001 and up...

even though i hate fords...red .. that bronco is sweet man

At first I thought it was a 460, until I actually got a 460 sitting next to it. it's not as tall, but it's MUCH wider than the 460 (ruling out the overbore theory I had too)

Is it possible that not all 460s shared the same block shape from year to year?

Out of an F450? Sweet. I didn't know they made F450's in non-diesels. Learn something every day.

there weren't a lot of f450's without diesel engines. Infact the count I got from ford on the 473 was less than 100k of them built between 1978 and 1991 when they were dropped from production in favor of the 6.8L V10. Also the F450's with 473's were more common in colder parts of the country, due to diesel's known issues with sub zero temps.

That makes sense. I also suppose the distribution of diesels vs. non-diesels would be different between here and there. People love their diesels up here, which seems counter-productive due to the temperature difference. That's why the automotive gods invented block heaters and coolant heaters for diesels.

post-7-1064512037.jpg

kinda old pic. she's had a little more suspension work, new (bigger) tires, and some pretty major body work done since this pic was taken almost 18 months ago.

also, yes it's a 90, YES I'm aware that I have a 94 front clip on the truck. YES that's the only part of the truck that even resembles a post 92 bronco. The truck is on it's 3rd front clip, and second overall body.

is that the same bronco as the one in the other pic you posted? if not, what color is it? :P

broncos (older ones that is): Ford's best IMO...

dark green (same bronco, just very dirty). it's origial color was red and tan two tone. now it's black and orange.