34th Is Ours!

InvaderTrax

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... I've thought about it, and I found this nice little graph to show you why your PII is soooooooooo slow... and why the Celeron is mathematically superior :D

All to do with L2 cache... size/speed/utilization :huh::lol:

Well, we're only 5278.6 points behind MA4L. My farm goes back up tomorrow, and I'll flag them all with -forceasm. That should give us the boost we need. 2GHz Celerons may not be much, but when you get 5 of them flagged and idling most of the day, you're bound to get some WU crunching done

Hey i got a laptop 266P2 (i think) that i want to get up and working, but unfortunately, i dont have anything to connect it to my current pc so i can network them. Would anyone donate a usb or serial cable so i can get it up and folding?

Looks like the K6's are inferior to Intel chips :P

Only mathmatically speaking, in overall processing performance the K6III-400 is 46.06% faster than the Pentium II :P

even I might add... with only half the L2 cache :O

Better graphics performance than the latter as well :D

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

ehh im outa the game for awhile my routers gone whack and wont let me change settings and i cant get my wu's out this should be used for taz to catch up <_<

Only mathmatically speaking, in overall processing performance the K6III-400 is 46.06% faster than the Pentium II :P

even I might add... with only half the L2 cache :O

Better graphics performance than the latter as well :D

But you have K6-IIs, so my P2 is superior to your AMD Chips :D

In that second chart, the P2 is faster than the Celeron.

But you have K6-IIs, so my P2 is superior to your AMD Chips :D

In that second chart, the P2 is faster than the Celeron.

I would expect a processor with 8X the cache to perform better... not just marginally either, given that my K62's only have 64kb of L1 cache they manage to hold their ground well against the PII with its 512kb of L2 cache :D

So it would appear that I've got it covered from both angles... the Celeron is mathmatically superior, and the good 'ol K62's almost match the pumped-up PII... coming within 11.96% of it's performance, @ less than 1/2 the price :P

So as far as folding is concerned, perhaps you really need a Celeron :lol:

Edit: thanks for the extra 'catch up' time Ballz :)

MacAddict4Life is currently 3341.8 points in front @ Jan 20 09:09:14 PST 2004