34th Is Ours!

InvaderTrax

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to those people that need ram you should look in the office max paper on the weekend. i got my 256mb pc2100 kingston for 9.99 each after rebates. i know some people dont like to bother with rebates but i like em. officemax also gives stuff out for free after rebates, but it usually isn't that expensive. at christmas, however, i saw a cd burner, jump drive, leather chair, ram, cds. so it may be worthwhile for you to check out.

personally ive had really bad experiences with rebates...

for example.. my brother hl1435 printer had a 100 dollar rebate.. took 7months for them to send it..

still waitng for my linksys router rebate... i think its been 1 month only... kinda long.... beter than 7 months

If your gonna make the switch from gui to console i recommend you use the console as a service. That way itll operate in the background and the console wont be taking up your desktop space.

What was that program that you used to install it as a service? And refresh my memory on how to install it.

Thanks, David

personally ive had really bad experiences with rebates...

for example.. my brother hl1435 printer had a 100 dollar rebate.. took 7months for them to send it..

still waitng for my linksys router rebate... i think its been 1 month only... kinda long.... beter than 7 months

no problems here usally get em within a month. I just got 12 back from my best buy shopping splurge. w00t!

Sure I got a P2 recently and two days later I got a P4 with HT technology.

Yeah fair enough...just good to see you guys keeping the spirit of Retro alive :P

Nice maths work though... almost convinces me to buy Neuvo... almost :D