OCC CSS Server Poll

sdy284

OCC CSS  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If I hosted an OCC CSS server, would you play?

and honestly, gungame isn't like "regular" CSS, it's a blast & a half to play :)

QFT.

One of the reasons GunGame is so great is the same reason why some people don't like it - it forces you to learn all the weapons.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id try it....

what is the gun game? looking on Steam now for CS:S...

http://mods.counter-strike.com/css/GunGame.php

Gun Guname is a leveling mod for Counter Strike:Source. Everyone starts with a glock. You must get a kill with it to level up to level 2. You get better weapons the higher level you are, until the end. The last two levels are the hardest: hegrenade, then knife. It adds a new twist to how you play CS, and also helps clans to train with weapons they don't normally use.

Some mods (like knife-pro) are pretty cool. There's also reverse or custom order weapon lists.

id try it....

what is the gun game? looking on Steam now for CS:S...

Everyone starts with a glock. For every kill you get, you gain a level. Each level has a new gun, increasing from pistols to shotguns to rifles. Although I believe the order can be modified by the host, the last two rounds are almost always the same - hegrenade and knife. First person to get the knife kill while on the final level wins the game. Depending on the modes selected by the host, you may be able to steal levels from others with knife kills during the other levels. In addition, there are two ways leveling can be handled - you get the next gun immediately upon a kill ensuring you have to use every single weapon in the line-up, or you don't change guns until the round ends, in which case it's possible to skip levels if you get multiple kills in a single round.

QFT.

One of the reasons GunGame is so great is the same reason why some people don't like it - it forces you to learn all the weapons.

That is the thing I don't like about gungame, there are just certain weapons on the game that I can't stand. On top of that, my favorite weapons, the shotguns, are something I wouldn't be able to use much since there are only two. I'm pretty bad at the game regardless of what weapon I'm using though so gungame doesn't put me at a disadvantage at least. :D

Yeah, my clan's CoD4 GunGame server has it so you just need one kill to level (insta-level), a customized weapon order, and you go down three levels for suicide/getting stabbed. Its not populated very often, but the IP is 8.12.23.249:28960 if you wanna hop on there sometime. I should be able to get somebody to get on there with you depending on who is on (once my computer is fixed I'll be able to join you).

If the vote passes, we should decide if we want to use the stock GunGame settings or change them to something different...

If the vote passes, we should decide if we want to use the stock GunGame settings or change them to something different...

Reverse gungame is fun! I vote for that :)

Reverse gungame is fun! I vote for that :)

I can't remember what the old GG server used, regular or reverse, & turbo or non-turbo.

I'll have a look through my old server configs and figure it out. But that doens't mean we can't change it :)