Crysis 2 - Official

InCrYsIs

Fail... The game looks the worst on the 360 platform. Its almost as good looking as the PC on the PS3. But the PC blows both consoles away(If you use the the command line to enable "Secret" graphics settings in game. You can make it REALLY blow the consoles away)

Nobody is arguing that it would look better on the PC.

My computer isn't top notch and I enjoy playing a lot of games on consoles these days. Since I don't have to upgrade my PC every 3 months...

I wish I had expendable income to throw on new graphics cards all the time :\

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how the nano suit in Crysis 2 works, and while it might feel more realistic to some people, it feels less realistic to me. The plot of the game pretty clearly shows that you are playing after the events of the first game, it's not like you're going to be using an alpha version of the suit, but to me that is what feels like when armor mode is enabled. I mean why would they redesign this suit to drain power during armor when before it was able to regenerate it while in armor mode.

Edit: Well I can say this much, I'm definitely more pleased now that I know about that gun stabilization. :D

cause the first one didn't change anything on the nanosuit it just put its power into absorbing the impact while in this it actually changes the surface of the suit to hold and stuff and requires energy

Nobody is arguing that it would look better on the PC.

My computer isn't top notch and I enjoy playing a lot of games on consoles these days. Since I don't have to upgrade my PC every 3 months...

I wish I had expendable income to throw on new graphics cards all the time :\

I didnt really mean to dog on you like that, Just simply pointing out lol.

You dont have to buy a new video card everything 3 months. Invest some $ into a really good one(like a 6950 or 6970, or a GTX560 or 570. Or possibly a pair of 460's??) and you can carry yourself a long time. Also Crysis 2 doesnt seem to have nearly the same brutal hardware requirements that the first one did. It plays just fine on my brothers HD 5770(he has two but in crossfire there is extreme lighting issues that i hope will be resolved by a updated crossfire application profile.) Hes on Very high settings with fantastic FPS.

Also Crysis 2 doesnt seem to have nearly the same brutal hardware requirements that the first one did. It plays just fine on my brothers HD 5770(he has two but in crossfire there is extreme lighting issues that i hope will be resolved by a updated crossfire application profile.) Hes on Very high settings with fantastic FPS.

I agree , Im maxing it on extreme oc'ed at 900mhz , 1800mhz and 2200mhz with FPS in the 80+ range easily . Super super smooth

Also , have any of you guys find out how to do that ground punch thingy when you jump from massive building and smash into the ground and not get hurt ? I cant seem to find that and theres one scene in the opening video where you grab a soldier and smash him through a window while plummeting down onto him in a kinda choke-smash move , any of you find it ?

I agree , Im maxing it on extreme oc'ed at 900mhz , 1800mhz and 2200mhz with FPS in the 80+ range easily . Super super smooth

Also , have any of you guys find out how to do that ground punch thingy when you jump from massive building and smash into the ground and not get hurt ? I cant seem to find that and theres one scene in the opening video where you grab a soldier and smash him through a window while plummeting down onto him in a kinda choke-smash move , any of you find it ?

hehe i think those were meant to be cinematic? i think the ground stomp and survive is having armor mode on to kneel and a module?

you didn't win the comp?

Anyone find it strange that you can't carry over attachments from one weapon to another? For example, you're using a scarab with a silencer and want one with an assualt scope but the silencer you already have doesn't carry over to the new scarab.

I can't remember if you could do that in the first game or not but I really don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it now.

Anyone find it strange that you can't carry over attachments from one weapon to another? For example, you're using a scarab with a silencer and want one with an assualt scope but the silencer you already have doesn't carry over to the new scarab.

I can't remember if you could do that in the first game or not but I really don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it now.

its not showing up in the customization menu?

its not showing up in the customization menu?

Actually after looking around a bit more I realized I was mistaking a SCAR for SCARAB, that's why the silencer didn't carry over I guess. However the silencer for the Nova seemed to carry over for the Hammer, just wish more enemies had the hammer on them, it's pretty easy to run out of ammo on it.

Actually after looking around a bit more I realized I was mistaking a SCAR for SCARAB, that's why the silencer didn't carry over I guess. However the silencer for the Nova seemed to carry over for the Hammer, just wish more enemies had the hammer on them, it's pretty easy to run out of ammo on it.

theres so many weapons! scar ftw!

Sure wish I could disable motionblur...

What's the matter? Gamer, Advanced, and Hardcore aren't enough for you? :P

By the way, anyone else find that the direction of audio is really odd on here? Whenever I'm facing stuff I hear it just fine but if I turn my back to the source of the audio I can't hear it all.

Edited by Deathmineral