In the market for a new car

Nodgiles

People mentioning Prius's, Corolla's, etc etc.........When has any of those cars been sporty? :lol:

Have you thought at looking at the Infiniti G37/35? You can find used ones in the $25K price range for an 07+.

I own a G37 coupe. Very sporty ride and suspension, nice features and technology. One of the best 3.7L V6's with 330HP, and on Wards top ten engines 14 years straight ;). You really can't go wrong with a VQ engine.

With AWD it gets 19 city, 25 highway. Without AWD it's 19 city, 27 highway.

Edited by Queenz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what year corolla?? auto or manual?? Is your speedometer accurate?? Are you tire sizes factory diameter?? Do you inflate your tires to the highest they can go??

2009 corolla LE 4door, stock wheels, nice tires, automatic.

404 error, no new Rabbits in US found

Yes. Underneath, it's a Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit. Uses the same parts throughout. If you like the A3, get the Rabbit instead - a lot cheaper. Though not sure if it has the 2.0 TDI common rail engine yet.

I'm 6'3", around 240 depending on the holiday.

I got to drive the new Ford Fiesta at a fiesta movement event this past summer. The only changes they had to make to the car for US legality were slight bumper massaging and EPA emissions.

I LOVED the car. It was built so solid. Comfortable. And get this, the European version cars get phenomenal mileage, however a specific emission is allowed there that isn't allowed here, so in adjusting the engine and emissions, it wound up with worse mileage than the European version....now it's at 40mpg.

starts at just over $13k and the hatchback starts at just over $15k. wait a month and go test drive one yourself. it's GREAT handling fun, and really good mileage.

BUT if you want a hybrid at all costs. try the Ford Fusion. It truly is an amazing car. just go test one out. bring an open mind to the domestic product and you will be so surprised.

I know theres a big push to buy foreign when it comes to mileage and quality cars but holy *expletive deleted*. Ford is bringin' it. I drive a 2001 Focus and it's twice the car of the 2008 cobalt i rented for a week recently, and after 9 years has no funny squeaks. I know they're so much better now. Ford even got both car and truck of the year and that hardly happens to the same maker.

Diesel? I'm all for it. I've been shopping around alot lately for a good deal on one and for great mileage going places it's hard to beat a Jetta Diesel, or a Golf Diesel. Just get a manual transmission, it's worth a few more mpg in a diesel. heck, even a passat had a diesel for a while there. For me, I would be hitting up the Jetta wagon diesel, and some wheel/spring/tint treatments for an ultimate interstate car.

I don't know how set on NEW you are but there's a bunch of great lightly used cars out there that someone else took the depreciation hit on.

I have been driving a Fuzion for the past week or so and it is not a bad car. I am 6'2 and well just a little on the wide side and I can fit into it comfortably. I actually have to move the seat up to have my arms comfortable for driving rather that being stretched to the limit. Getting in and out are my problems. It the years of driving service vans I guess but at this point any car is a hassle for me!

Wow, your all missing the point entirely... Ill try one last time to end this confusion....

I want EITHER

an economical vehicle with great gas mileage

OR

a sporty car that gets at least 20mpg (city)

I am not looking for a sporty car with 40mpg and I am in no way saying that an economical car is anything that gets over 20mpg.

I'm not missing the point - I just don't understand your logic in wanting one or the other. Why bother with the earth-saving benefits of a hybrid, if you are willing to spunk loads of cash on a fuel-inefficient sporty car as an alternative?

sdy284 - since when did the Rabbit/Golf stop being available there? Was it to tout the Audi?

sdy284 - since when did the Rabbit/Golf stop being available there? Was it to tout the Audi?

We still have the golf, but not the rabbit. The rabbit stopped being offered here i think for the '10's i'm not 100% sure on it tho

People mentioning Prius's, Corolla's, etc etc.........When has any of those cars been sporty? :lol:

Have you thought at looking at the Infiniti G37/35? You can find used ones in the $25K price range for an 07+.

I own a G37 coupe. Very sporty ride and suspension, nice features and technology. One of the best 3.7L V6's with 330HP, and on Wards top ten engines 14 years straight ;). You really can't go wrong with a VQ engine.

With AWD it gets 19 city, 25 highway. Without AWD it's 19 city, 27 highway.

Yea I was going to suggest he get's a Z maybe, he could get a really nice used car for 30 Large ones

2009 corolla LE 4door, stock wheels, nice tires, automatic.

No more questions, it makes sense since it's so new. nice mileage I get like 30ish combined but I'm a "spirited" driver, and my little car scoots :)

I'm not missing the point - I just don't understand your logic in wanting one or the other. Why bother with the earth-saving benefits of a hybrid, if you are willing to spunk loads of cash on a fuel-inefficient sporty car as an alternative?

Yeah I didn't quite get that either :unsure:

I get like 30ish combined but I'm a "spirited" driver, and my little car scoots :)

^when IvIyth says scoot he reaally means..

turp_0501_01_o%201995_acura_integra_ls%20burnout.jpg

:lol: i wanna use that one next time i get pulled over for speeding, "officer im sure i was only scooting around"

^when IvIyth says scoot he reaally means..

PICTURE!

:lol: i wanna use that one next time i get pulled over for speeding, "officer im sure i was only scooting around"

haha that's what I do to people who don't tip me (which logically makes no sense since I'm not even being compensated for the extra rubber I'm wasting)

You don't need a hybrid to average 20 mpg. How about a Ford Fusion?

Im actually looking for either (A) a hybrid or (B) something sportier with at least 20mpg.

The fusion is a great car and it does come as a hybrid!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/trim/?trim=hybrid

Edited by jlqrb