In the market for a new car

Nodgiles

I was dead set on the 2010 civic hybrid, went to the dealership, sat in the drivers seat and the deal was off. Im 6'3 and the leg room just wasnt there.

So its back to the drawing board. If I cant get something with awesome gas millage Id prefer something more sporty. Im looking to spend around 30k....

If it was you, what would you get, new or used. I need some ideas friends! Thanks!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you try the accord hybrid?

They dont make a 2010 hybrid accord. They switched to the Insight which is a total mom car imho. Used hybrids hold their value well and it would be hard to pay top dollar for a used hybrid.

Edited by Nodgiles

They dont make a 2010 hybrid accord. They switched to the Insight which is a total mom car imho. Used hybrids hold their value well and it would be hard to pay top dollar for a used hybrid.

hmmm, ya it looks like they haven't made an accord hybrid since 07 :blink:

so are you definitely committed to a hybrid or just something with great mpg

No it doesnt have to be a hybrid. I wanted to go with the civic hybrid cause it was nice looking and had awesome mpg, but now that that is out.....

Id prefer something with at least avrg 20mpg, but everything is negotiable...

I'm 6'3", around 240 depending on the holiday.

I got to drive the new Ford Fiesta at a fiesta movement event this past summer. The only changes they had to make to the car for US legality were slight bumper massaging and EPA emissions.

I LOVED the car. It was built so solid. Comfortable. And get this, the European version cars get phenomenal mileage, however a specific emission is allowed there that isn't allowed here, so in adjusting the engine and emissions, it wound up with worse mileage than the European version....now it's at 40mpg.

starts at just over $13k and the hatchback starts at just over $15k. wait a month and go test drive one yourself. it's GREAT handling fun, and really good mileage.

BUT if you want a hybrid at all costs. try the Ford Fusion. It truly is an amazing car. just go test one out. bring an open mind to the domestic product and you will be so surprised.

I know theres a big push to buy foreign when it comes to mileage and quality cars but holy *expletive deleted*. Ford is bringin' it. I drive a 2001 Focus and it's twice the car of the 2008 cobalt i rented for a week recently, and after 9 years has no funny squeaks. I know they're so much better now. Ford even got both car and truck of the year and that hardly happens to the same maker.

Diesel? I'm all for it. I've been shopping around alot lately for a good deal on one and for great mileage going places it's hard to beat a Jetta Diesel, or a Golf Diesel. Just get a manual transmission, it's worth a few more mpg in a diesel. heck, even a passat had a diesel for a while there. For me, I would be hitting up the Jetta wagon diesel, and some wheel/spring/tint treatments for an ultimate interstate car.

I don't know how set on NEW you are but there's a bunch of great lightly used cars out there that someone else took the depreciation hit on.

Edited by robAP