Apple makes $208 minimum on each iPad

sdy284

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my view on it was the ipad isn't just using an adapted iphone OS... it's just a big butt iphone, lol

that can't make calls :lol:, it's like an ipod touch with internal 3G tethering. (because god forbid it to have usb out's to use another cellphone for tethering :rolleyes: )

my view on it was the ipad isn't just using an adapted iphone OS... it's just a big butt iphone, lol

:withstupid: While there are definitely R&D costs, it's not nearly as much as some people :cough:applefanboys:cough: want to believe because most of said R&D was already done years ago for the iPhone. How much R&D is there in creating a larger screen? Not much. They developed a couple of new apps and that's about it. Apple may have been innovators long ago, but not any more.

I wonder how much Intel makes on a Core i7 Extreme.
and how much they make off this

O.o the production of the i7 extreme should be about the same as any other i7..... woah, thats one hellova profit (good thing we dont get ripped off with that kind of BS :P)

idk about the xeon, but those seem WAY overpriced

Edited by minigeek

They have huge margins and people still buy, sounds like a good plan ;)

hey as long as they still have chips like mine that are priced (relatively) low but clock high I'm not complainin. Let the rich basterds personally fund their progress :lol:

I reckon Apple might be breaking even or even making a slight loss at the start, just to gain the market share

after the frosty reception this thing got, i don't see it lasting long enough for that strategy to work out. if they gain any market share it will only be in a market they already own, ie the "trendy apple fanboy" market.

i almost think this is a test from steve jobs. up to now apple products have been pretty seriously overpriced, but still at least functionally equivalent to other devices on the market. if ipad sells then it's proof that people will buy overpriced apple products, even if they suck.