Apple makes $208 minimum on each iPad

sdy284

What does that have to do with anything I said?

It has everything to do with providing further proof how you pay more and get less with an apple (other than preferences of physical or virtual keyboards) there's NO reason a giant ipod touch cant have USB outs. The storage space also is pitiful considering how much bigger the device is (and how easily a 2.5" drive could fit in there.) The webcam would be absolutely useful for video conferences. The iPad is just a new overpriced toy and with it comes more propriatary garbage you'll need to by to almost get it to what it should have been.

And then they'll con even more people with the next gen that will fill what assuredly is a mostly empty case with more respectable hardware, in which apple fanboys willl try to use as new ammunition in their defense against attacks on it. It's what they always do, release something grossly overpriced but "cute" and then two or more revisions and milk every bit of stupidity out of the average consumer as the device finally meets the expectations that numero uno should have met.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so angry it seems as though Apple has personally slighted you in some way. Never have I seen such rage against a company (insurance companies notwithstanding). It's a tad bit amusing. :lol:

I'm so loyal it seems as though Apple has personally enslaved me in some way. Never have I been so loyal toward a company (insurance companies notwithstanding). It's a tad bit sad. :(

I'm just callin it like I see it, I just don't see the allure in apple products and I personally can't understand why good minded people/businesses suck up to them. Like why is there 100's of different types of apple ipod accessories (many of which serve the same function mind you) but I'd be lucky to find more than 15 different accessories for a more reasonably priced mp3 player. The only trump they have is the touch's can run apps and do far more than the conventional mp3 player can

You're so angry it seems as though Apple has personally slighted you in some way. Never have I seen such rage against a company (insurance companies notwithstanding). It's a tad bit amusing. :lol:

Seriously, you're a smart guy, I don't understand why you would overpay for something inferior to a lower priced superior product.

Edited by d3bruts1d

Seriously, you're a smart guy, I don't understand why you would overpay for something inferior to a lower priced superior product.

Exactly, I'm not trying to attack you Kash. Just realize we're trying to help you lol

Like why is there 100's of different types of apple ipod accessories (many of which serve the same function mind you) but I'd be lucky to find more than 15 different accessories for a more reasonably priced mp3 player.

Because there are millions upon millions of iPod's around the world and not a single other PMP has even remotely as many devices on the market. Business 101.

Hate them all you want, but Apple is obviously extremely good at marketing their hardware. No other company comes even close in this regard.

People buy supercars, houses worth millions of dollars... and Apple gear. If you like the product and can afford it, why not? I don't doubt you're happy with your HTC phone and whatever other device you have, but it doesn't have the polished, "look at me" feel Apple stuff has which is exactly what the mainstream consumer want.

You might think the iPad is inferior, but what if you don't need need the extra features (Flash and multitasking just to name a couple...) and absolute crap battery life other tablets feature? No, the iPad isn't "magical" or "revolutionary" nor it is "phenomenal" and whatever other superlative Jobs can think of, but I'm sure there will be happy consumers in a couple months... One last thing... iPad != netbook.

Because there are millions upon millions of iPod's around the world and not a single other PMP has even remotely as many devices on the market. Business 101.

Hate them all you want, but Apple is obviously extremely good at marketing their hardware. No other company comes even close in this regard.

People buy supercars, houses worth millions of dollars... and Apple gear. If you like the product and can afford it, why not? I don't doubt you're happy with your HTC phone and whatever other device you have, but it doesn't have the polished, "look at me" feel Apple stuff has which is exactly what the mainstream consumer want.

You might think the iPad is inferior, but what if you don't need need the extra features (Flash and multitasking just to name a couple...) and absolute crap battery life other tablets feature? No, the iPad isn't "magical" or "revolutionary" nor it is "phenomenal" and whatever other superlative Jobs can think of, but I'm sure there will be happy consumers in a couple months... One last thing... iPad != netbook.

Yeah but I'll fight any products/marketing like that til I take my last breathe. If i was rich I wouldn't spend more money and get less lol, even though I'm not a fan of super cars (for they have an awful price/performance) the point is they are superior. The big problem is that apple products (most) are NOT superior, some of the time equal, and when a new one comes out they are 9/10 inferior to something else in the competing market. But they'll automatically sell said poor product because of marketing (and cult followers) and then over time the product WILL be decent but that doesn't change the fact that they'll milk the consumer every step of the way.

Take it easy guys there is no need to start throwing insults

Can't make promises if they're towards apple. But I apologize for being immature about my Kash Attack(s) :blush:

The big problem is that apple products (most) are NOT superior, some of the time equal, and when a new one comes out they are 9/10 inferior to something else in the competing market. But they'll automatically sell said poor product because of marketing (and cult followers) and then over time the product WILL be decent but that doesn't change the fact that they'll milk the consumer every step of the way.

Yes, I entirely agree, but the point is: Apple has superior marketing and successful marketing sells!

On another note... I want more details about that A4 processor :)

Yea, you know what, I'm done. There's no point in reasoning with you people since you clearly don't get it nor will you ever get it.

Have fun ladies.

OH NO HE DIDN'T?!

:P 'Twas nice shootin the breeze with ya

Yes, I entirely agree, but the point is: Apple has superior marketing and successful marketing sells!

On another note... I want more details about that A4 processor :)

Me too, I'm wondering why they didn't get an Atom in there. (I'm assuming for efficiency??)