CES 2010 Coverage

Bosco

I personally didn't see that, but I know Kingston have a few other bits too ... one of which is ABSURDLY expensive, albeit very impressive!

i'm just glad you got to the nvidia booths...

any word on when i can order my new gtx 395s B:) ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOOOOH The Lucid :drool:

Now is that "micro-usb" on the nokia supposed to be the new mini-usb?? I was very comfortable with mostly everything I use being mini-usb. Looks like a nice phone though, T-Mobile will get some new customers for sure with that one

never heard of Viliv but they seem to have some cool little noveltie items going on.

I love how the nvidia booth had an msi panel haha, where were MSI panels in the MSI booth?? I see they've brought out their answer to eyefinity, cool now they have that AND the 3D glasses. ATI better get crackin'

I don't see the difference with the SimHD thing (maybe I had to be there), not to mention they could have altered the selected scenes prior to showing it off.

I love how in the Antec section it says how seeing it begged you learn more about it, I WANNA LEARN MORE ABOUT IT TOO :P

cool stuff guys, keep up the new work.

(and to Andrew, that kingston flashdrive is crazy if that's true but I can imagine how god awful the transfer rate'll be)

SimHD does show some differences ... if you can't see them in the photos (blindingly obvious!) or the heavily compressed video (fairly obvious in parts), I think you need to stick on a pair of spectacles :lol:

SimHD does show some differences ... if you can't see them in the photos (blindingly obvious!) or the heavily compressed video (fairly obvious in parts), I think you need to stick on a pair of spectacles :lol:

:withstupid: It's definitely noticeable

Yeah I see some differences, but nothing to have me telling all my friends about it :D (more double takes and I see MORE of a difference then the first time, but I think seeing it in person would let me better judge it)

More videos guys, those are pretty cool.

I liked that ION setup outputing torhlight to that 42-50"? screen.

You should have gotten into some action with it and tried to see what it could do.

Yeah I see some differences, but nothing to have me telling all my friends about it :D (more double takes and I see MORE of a difference then the first time, but I think seeing it in person would let me better judge it)

You do know the general reasoning behind upscaling, yes? It's awesome - and all hardware driven - not software like before (i.e., ffdshow post-processing). Old SD content like DVDs look very close to Blu Ray quality in some situations.

More videos guys, those are pretty cool.

I liked that ION setup outputing torhlight to that 42-50"? screen.

You should ahve got into the action with it and tried to see what it could do.

It ran perfectly with no hitches at 1080p shown - and we were told that the netbook was good for a whopping four hours of intense gaming on the battery!

You do know the general reasoning behind upscaling, yes? It's awesome - and all hardware driven - not software like before (i.e., ffdshow post-processing). Old SD content like DVDs look very close to Blu Ray quality in some situations.

Yeah I have noticed that on my PS3, I've watched blurays and upscaled DVD's and I don't see the lure in blurays. It's like magic, you win sir!

It ran perfectly with no hitches at 1080p shown - and we were told that the netbook was good for a whopping four hours of intense gaming on the battery!

Yeah I heard him say that in the video, that's awesome. I'd be lucky to get 4 hours on my laptop idling (and didn't he say that the test laptop has a desktop CPU?) my laptop has a more efficient version of a laptop CPU and I can't pull even 3 hours (9cell batt too) I blame the 9600GT for it all though, that thing makes soooo much heat. Undervolting my CPU didn't really gain me any battery life at all (and I lowered the voltage quite a bit), wish I could undervolt the GPU I don't even game on my laptop anymore

(and didn't he say that the test laptop has a desktop CPU?)

Dual core Atom 330. Generally used in nettops (I believe this is the first netbook to use one). Slightly more power hungry than a single core, but still by no means a proper desktop class CPU.