CES 2010 Coverage

Bosco

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think any of our staff made it over to the high end audio section of CES. If I had gone I would of tried to get over there though. I really want to hear a set of Thiel 3.7 speakers in action!

The professional grade audio equipment was being shown at the Venetian hotel, and as you already mentioned, we didn't go over to look at any suites unfortunately (mainly because there is just so much other stuff to look and report about!).

That said, there were a few booths flouting some extremely impressive bits of kit - some speakers that were nearly the size of a full-sized family refrigerator!

Did Nvidia give any hints at all of when Fermi-based cards will be coming out? I'm waiting for these to knock the red-camp's prices down... :)

No news yet, but I'm pretty sure we'll get some idea of what's happening soon enough (but not soon enough it seems :( )

We have added a little more for you. There is still more to come.

Monday night you will see all the booth babes. Then on Tuesday you will see some more stuff so everything should be up by Wed night. After that we will let you know when all of the videos are uploaded. We have a bunch of videos that will not be in the article itself but will be on our Youtube page.

Hope you guys are enjoying everything.

Can you guys head over to the Panasonic booth and take a couple pics with someone standing next to their 152" TV?

That would be pretty cool.

Here is Clay standing next to said television.

panasonic152inchplasmaTV.jpg

Yes, it was big. :D

Yes, it was huge. In case you're wondering, I'm 5'10.5"... it appeared that, if the tv was on the ground, it'd be roughly 6' tall. The picture was remarkably clear, though it should be noted that they were displaying stuff at its native res, not upscaled 720p or 1080p, which I would have liked to see.

That being said, thus tv will certainly be way out of our price range, but the benefit of this to us regular consumers is that they said it'll drastically reduce the cost of making the smaller screens.

You guys get by SteelSeries at all? I got a buddy that works for them, and I am pretty sure he was there this year...

I certainly didn't notice a SteelSeries booth while I was there and I know it didn't get any coverage to the best of my knowledge. Was there anything in particular you were hoping we would get to see?

That is awesome.

Some year our walls will be LCD panels, I can't wait!

The picture was remarkably clear, though it should be noted that they were displaying stuff at its native res, not upscaled 720p or 1080p, which I would have liked to see.
That would have been nice.

How was the dotpitch that close to the panel?