The History of Valve

Andrewr05

Since the beginning of time? Not possible. I call bulls h i t. Thank you, come again.

We love you, Ballist1x.

LIES! It was from the beginning of time AND YOU KNOW IT! If not for valve, we wouldn't have even invented toasters and TV, and breathable air...and gravity.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if only other developers had the same mindset as Valve, making their games with the gaming community in mind.

I don't really think that's necessary, as we've seen with modern warfare 2, you can totally not care about the community and still make millions.

• 9 months later...

I don't really think that's necessary, as we've seen with modern warfare 2, you can totally not care about the community and still make millions.

Look where the developers are now. It's not always about money.

Look where the developers are now. It's not always about money.

What kind of reply is that? It's not like I was saying valve is going to turn evil later this year. :lol:

I was just saying you don't have to care about the community, and it's true. Look at how successful black ops is, you put the name "call of duty" on gum and it will fly off the shelves. All they need is the name, they don't need the community.

Valve on the other hand, well I don't know if they need to community or not but I think they're much more successful for being attentive to their gamers than if they weren't.

I couldn't watch past the first 2 minutes of the first one. That fat guy just makes me want to puke. I can't stand Gabe lol

Do like Valve though. But they didn't send me a hat and stickers like they did to my brother after writing a letter to them in 8th grade :(

Edited by Krieg1337

I couldn't watch past the first 2 minutes of the first one. That fat guy just makes me want to puke. I can't stand Gabe lol

Do like Valve though. But they didn't send me a hat and stickers like they did to my brother after writing a letter to them in 8th grade :(

Do they still do that? I've been looking for a new hat.

What kind of reply is that? It's not like I was saying valve is going to turn evil later this year. :lol:

I was just saying you don't have to care about the community, and it's true. Look at how successful black ops is, you put the name "call of duty" on gum and it will fly off the shelves. All they need is the name, they don't need the community.

Valve on the other hand, well I don't know if they need to community or not but I think they're much more successful for being attentive to their gamers than if they weren't.

Well that and you need alot of stupid "hardcore gamers" ;)