Opinions on OCZ Memory

Hey guys,

When I first built my comp, about a year ago, I bought an OCZ 4gb kit (DDR2 800 Reaper). First time I booted..no post. Did some trouble shooting and found out that I got post beeps when I removed the mem so I RMAd it. Got the new memory and everything was A-OK. Now, recently, my computer wouldn't post again. I popped out the OCZ ram and put in some generic ram and the computer was flying again.

Has anyone else experienced issues with OCZ dimms, or am I just the exception? bios timings/voltage were all set to spec (no OC)

Unrelated: Anyone want to buy some OCZ memory? !!!Like New!!! :lol: j/k

Hey guys,

When I first built my comp, about a year ago, I bought an OCZ 4gb kit (DDR2 800 Reaper). First time I booted..no post. Did some trouble shooting and found out that I got post beeps when I removed the mem so I RMAd it. Got the new memory and everything was A-OK. Now, recently, my computer wouldn't post again. I popped out the OCZ ram and put in some generic ram and the computer was flying again.

Has anyone else experienced issues with OCZ dimms, or am I just the exception? bios timings/voltage were all set to spec (no OC)

Unrelated: Anyone want to buy some OCZ memory? !!!Like New!!! :lol: j/k

I've used OCZ in the past and haven't had any issues. That said, I always research what brand of memory to buy with whatever motherboard I have before buying anything. As far as best success, I have always had great experience with Crucial and Corsair memory.

Thanks guys. I'll guess I'll give them the benefit of a doubt and do a second RMA (after I memtest the sticks at work). The ones I'm using right now are a lower speed and are 4x1GB sticks so I'd rather get the 2x2GB OCZ ones back in there :)

I have a OCZ3P1600EB4GK (i think i got that right) 4gb kit at 1600mhz 7-6-6 1.8v ddr3. the first kit from newegg came with a faulty module. RMA'd with OCZ no problem and the kit I have now has been running smooth since (May/Early June).

OCZ's support is top notch!

+1 Acquiring the RMA was a quick and smooth process (especially considering it was my first RMA ever) and Support was polite and helpful. My only quip was that it took a long butt time due to my specific kit not being in stock. The RMA info website they have fails to inform the consumer of such a situation. I was waiting weeks, and the site said they'd received my kit, but for a few weeks I received no package or anything that a replacement kit was shipped. I finally called one day only to find out they were out of stock which was the cause for the delay. They offered to bump me to a 1866mhz kit with looser timings, but my mobo doesn't/didn't support those speeds, plus the kit I ordered had "enhanced bandwidth" (lower timings) and I wanted those lower timings.. and they said it would be one more week til the y got them so i opted to wait lol

but anyways the RMA'd kit it working flawlessly!

I had something similar with Corsair RAM (dominator). I eventually swapped for other corsair RAM that was a bit more reliable but still very sensitive and sometimes would not post. then I changed my Bios and it was all fixed.

Try updating your mobo bios (I used a a beta version for mine). It worked for me.

I've had some memory die from OCZ and other companies.. it happens :(

However, from personal experience, OCZ's support is top notch!

I have had memory ughh ummm Die Yeah thats it from many companiues but I do have to say OCZ has some top notch support!

I've had OCZ products and not had any problems with them, I consider them to be quality products. But, that being said I've come to believe that you pay a little extra for their name when you buy their stuff, and there's other brands that are equally as good, with lower price tags.

Edit: I have used both OCZ memory and PSU's, the PSU is over 5yr. old and still going strong, the memory I upgraded and gave to a friend.

Edited by Scottike