Sorry...

anthony

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my opinion folding is a real good test to see if you equipment is ok or you have overclocked to far and it will sure check out you cooling system to.

I think its better than Prime 95, I am only running 512mb of RAM 2 X 256mb the only time I have a problem is when I try to overclock more than about 39?? mhz what ever is in my signature, it runs ok but temps start getting a little high so I run folding at 3840 with 2 command line vervsions or console whatever you want to call it. I have it running on 8 machines 24/7 and fixing to add another machine. I think who ever has told you this has some problems with there system, if it wont run folding something is wrong somewhere.

If it's an issue over power costs... negotiate with ya' folks... there's bound to be something they want from you in return... good grades, extra chores... compliance when visiting the relo's :P

As far as this unnamed folding source... extreme, OCing, voltage, heat & neglect/abuse kills systems... not F@H (as mentioned it's the perfect stability indicator ;))

Next time this know-all speaks... ask for proof! :D

i'm a new folder as of last week. I've had no problems on my system...no crashing, no nothing.

Roadkill, i'm sorta in the same boat as you. Up at college i would keep my comp on all the time, but here at home my parents don't let me keep it on over night because it's loud as hell (and they're right). So i just start it up when i'm on the comp. I don't use a service, i just use the console and when i feel like turning it on, i turn it on. I've done 2 WUs in a week, and should have another coming in soon. Yeah, i could've probably had 4 or 5 by now if it was on 24/7, but 2's better than zero, right?

hmm.. il be upgrading my ram this summer.. to 1gb... until then i guess... if i do fold .. il fold slowly

yeah thats what i do if i dont feel like running it full blast because my pc is sortof rigged (2 psus and dont want to take any chances) so run it at like 75-80% when im not at my house.

ok i have been inspired! folding all nite! well im gona go re- dl the client.. and go to sleep.. hopefully when i wake up another WU will be done:D thanks everyone for the advice

EDIT: 11:18 good nite!! good nite comp! have fun folding! bibi eveyrone

ok i have been inspired! folding all nite! well im gona go re- dl the client.. and go to sleep.. hopefully when i wake up another WU will be done:D thanks everyone for the advice

EDIT: 11:18 good nite!! good nite comp! have fun folding! bibi eveyrone

I don't remember any of us telling you to disobey your parents ;):P

ok i have been inspired!  folding all nite! well im gona go re- dl the client.. and go to sleep.. hopefully when i wake  up another WU will be done:D thanks everyone for the advice

EDIT:  11:18 good nite!! good nite comp! have fun folding! bibi eveyrone

I don't remember any of us telling you to disobey your parents ;):P

Hopefully he worked out a deal with em. :D

hehe went to sleep later than them.. and woke up earlyer..they will not know:D o yes.. and i was folding all last nght.. 7h.. got 18 percent done only :(

normally id be done 1 wu by now

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

road it only uses %50 of cpu usage on HT p4's so you either disable HT support in bios or set it up to run 2 clients at once