Sorry...

anthony

Have the Mac guys been talking to you? :huh:

lol no... hes a pc user.

he told me that if the north bridge was hot or cold.. it beeped over my mobo... so until i hear otherwise from occ.. um.. im gona be paranoid.. yeh. :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we all run folding with no problems... do you think we would run it if it was damaging to our hardware?? Man, computers are meant to be USED, your friend is misinformed. Like really, use some common sense. The whole FAH project is pretty much fueled by computer enthusiasts who know a thing or two about computers.

Running folding, or any other program that uses your resources 100% over long periods of time, is likely to SHOW you problems with your hardware, not CAUSE them. If folding crashes your machine, you should try to find the root of the problem.

Stopping folding so the problem goes away temporarily is fine, until you want to play Half-Life 2 and your computer does the same thing...

Check your heat, dust, look for viruses and other crap on your system or turn down your overclock if the program is crashing.

Good luck

i did all that.. scanned a few times.. defraged.. checked crap.. uninstalled a lot of programs... btw. i clean dust every 3 days.. and conpress air every month

and tomorows the day i clean with compressed air! yay! clean!

Running folding, or any other program that uses your resources 100% over long periods of time, is likely to SHOW you problems with your hardware, not CAUSE them. If folding crashes your machine, you should try to find the root of the problem.

Stopping folding so the problem goes away temporarily is fine, until you want to play Half-Life 2 and your computer does the same thing...

Check your heat, dust, look for viruses and other crap on your system or turn down your overclock if the program is crashing.

Good luck

Like GT said which is a good point... If your comp is crashing because of folding it is indicating that something is wrong with your comp...

Its like saying oh man "Im not gonna O/C anymore because my comp keeps on crashing in Prime95" Duh! :withstupid:

ok ty for that information.. but still im wondering about the part where i haerd from the unnamed source folding will mess up your north bridge? is any of that realistic?

o ok.. well thanks for the clearification... il talk to him again later... because im kinda really confused...

Dont be confused . Just follow some of the suggestions that were given and you should be fine. I have 5 computers folding and not one has had a problem. I even play bf42 with it running in the backgroud(no crashes). Find the solution to your instabilty and run folding as much as you can. Every little bit helps. And just think, if you benifited in the future for something you are doing today what would that be worth?

Who is this big time folder that says it will mess you stuff up? I can't believe anyone would say that, its MADNESS MAN IT'S MADNESS!!!!! :lol: I fold on everything in my sig but my 64 because its not at my house and my boss hates me leaving it on. The only crashing problems I have had was when I was drawing too much power form an outlet and it popped a breaker. Other then that, folding will run stable on all my machines, even if they are really close togeather and none have exhaust fans (look in P. Y. W. thread to see how mine are setup). If anyone would have crashing troubles it would be me (cheap PSU's, bad electrical wiring in room, bad ventilation) No one here would risk it if it would mess up there comps and it woudl be all over the internet if folding screwed up comps. Keep folding when you can have your comp on. And if it's a power issue, do what I do, pay for the power. It's only like $5.50-$6/month to run each comp 24/7 so whatever. I'd tell them also that each monitor uses as much power as a computer itself. I dunno, just don't quit on us, because I know were you live.... j/k