Sapphire 5870 Tested

Bosco

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want a physX thread, at least not with peeps who cant follow anything I post. Either by lack of comprehension skills or just bullheadedness, its like really pointless.

So sorry ccokeman, I truly am.

@ ccokeman

Back on the 5870 subject, I am very impressed with the value, and i am interested in the performance with a phenom2 cpu paired with 5870. it is interesting to me to see whether the i7 will be way better then the phenom2, like in current multi GPU setups. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this.

Have you have paired up the 5870 with a PH2?

The i7 is far a head on the multiGPU platforms compared to the PH2. I am almost but not 100% sure its only the CPU giving the i7 such a gap. There are other factors that could cause this that i can almost rule out, but not entirely.

Do you think the 5870s are so powerful the current phenom2s will bottleneck a large amount compared to the i7s?

Or how much if any do you think the ph2s will hold back a 5870 compared to the i7?

I will value your input, lol!

Is there a program out there where I can overclock this card higher than what CCC is allowing? 900/1300 is the limit and mine does that easily without heat issues. Maybe a Catalyst driver update will allow higher clocks.

Nice review by the way. Everything shown in your review is exactly what I received today from newegg. Packaging and accessories was identical.

Still looking for the Config file for RT and GPU Tool is not ready AMD GPU OC tool was promising till I had to spend a few hours in the registry when I applied the voltage to it.

I dont want a physX thread, at least not with peeps who cant follow anything I post. Either by lack of comprehension skills or just bullheadedness, its like really pointless.

You're the only one who can't seem to see what YOU are saying. Whatever, thanks for calling all of us idiots though. :lol:

Still looking for the Config file for RT and GPU Tool is not ready AMD GPU OC tool was promising till I had to spend a few hours in the registry when I applied the voltage to it.

I had no joy with either rivatuner or GPU Tool. I'll probably wait for an update from ATI before I try to clock it any higher. Had no troubles pushing the sliders all the way in CCC for 900/1300. I may look around later and see if any of the specific hardware vendors have an overclocking tool. I see the Asus model has adjustable voltage so they may have something that could work.

You're the only one who can't seem to see what YOU are saying. Whatever, thanks for calling all of us idiots though. :lol:

I held back from posting... Obvious troll is obvious. He won't listen to our posts and then accuses us of not reading his posts...

Was it just me or didn't his posts sound like: "PhysX is superior to havok because.... (insert reason here)"? < completely untrue as I stated many times havok is spread out into many more markets then PhysX currently is...

In fact the only difference between the two physics technologies right at this minute is that PhysX is actually both on CPU/GPU right now where as havok only has CPU which is about to change. I was then stating that once this happens nVidia is going to have a hard time keeping up as there are many more hardware manufactures backing havok then the backing PhysX has. In case you didn't realize it the more companies you have backing a product the more likely it is to succeed. Again HDDVD vs. Bluray. It is wishful thinking that because nVidia has a slight edge in the PC market that they are going to woo both AMD and Intel... into accepting PhysX not to mention Microsoft and Nintendo.

Final post... Not bothering with any reply made to it but that one paragraph sums up all of my posts pretty well.

Edited by Compxpert

I held back from posting... Obvious troll is obvious. He won't listen to our posts and then accuses us of not reading his posts...

This.

Back to 5870 testing and how this review rawked my sawks!

This.

Back to 5870 testing and how this review rawked my sawks!

Wanted to get one before the review... Still want.... ATi/AMD easily met my expectations. Now hopefully the next set of drivers improve performance more and get Crossfire scalability to improve...

...and get Crossfire scalability to improve...

To be fair, the scalability only sucks on a specific few games. In many games that are actually GPU limited the gains are usually north of 70% or so.