EVGA step-up program

rourkchris

Was wondering a couple of things about EVGA's step-up program and the nVidia 300 series video cards. How does the step-up program work and is it pretty simple? If I bought an EVGA card now will the new nVidia cards be out in time for me to take advantage of it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering a couple of things about EVGA's step-up program and the nVidia 300 series video cards. How does the step-up program work and is it pretty simple? If I bought an EVGA card now will the new nVidia cards be out in time for me to take advantage of it?

It's 30 days, and no, I don't think so. :(

http://www.evga.com/stepup/

It's usually a 90 day stepup period. Once they receive the old card, it's a couple of days and then they'll send you a new one. You can't step up a card that has already been stepped up ;)

C'mon guys, let's give some factual information :lol:

For a minute I thought they changed it or something thx for clearing that up. Companies do like to change things w/o your knowledge sometimes. I thought it was common knowledge that EVGA stepup is a 90 day period. Guess not. :lol:

It's usually a 90 day stepup period. Once they receive the old card, it's a couple of days and then they'll send you a new one. You can't step up a card that has already been stepped up ;)

I clearly said "I think" which automatically excuses me from the embarrassment of being wrong. :P:lol:

Edited by tkrow21

Thanks for the link that answered most of my questions. Disappointed to see that not all of their video cards qualify. The only other question I have is cost to step-up but not knowing anything about the new cards much less how much they will cost just need to wait I guess until they actually come out.

Step up works like this:

You buy a GTX 260 for 170. Must be BRAND NEW, not used from someone else. You upload your invoice. Until 90 days, if a GTX 280 is priced at say 250, (MSRP, not a sale price, must be purchased from EVGA Store) You pay the 80 dollar difference, plus shipping to EVGA. THey then inspect the card, and send you a GTX 280. This can be done with anything that supports the step up program.

The list below are the products available to step up to

U.S.

Graphic Card

GeForce GTX 295 CO-OP Edition (017-P3-1295-AR)

GeForce GTX 285 (01G-P3-1180-AR)

GeForce GTX 275 (896-P3-1170-AR)

GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 - 55nm (896-P3-1255-AR)

GeForce GTS 250 (512-P3-1150-TR)

GeForce 9800 GT (512-P3-N973-TR)

GeForce 9600GT Low Power (512-P3-N856-LR)

GeForce 9500 GT (512-P3-N954-TR)

LOL who the hell would step up to a 9500, who would bother??

Ok I think I've got it. Looks like I'm going to order a pair of 275s. I was thinking of buying the 1792MB versions but they don't appear to qualify. Standard 896MB will do just as well for the short-term.

Edited by rourkchris

Ok I think I've got it. Looks like I'm going to order a pair of 275s. I was thinking of buying the 1792MB versions but they don't appear to qualify. Standard 896MB will do just as well for the short-term.

short term??

I ended up choosing an EVGA GTX 275 (and am pretty happy with it)

When deciding which card to get, I came across a review that put the 2 versions of the card against each other, and the 275 with double the memory was not worth it. I forget who ran that match up, but it wouldn't be hard to find.

*edit - oh, and I got my 275 for $150 (after rebate) so no step-up would be a good deal for me, lol

Edited by pezcore