EVGA annouces the Classified X58 four way SLi Motherboard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, XL-ATX... I think I'd probably fabricate my own case if it wouldn't fit in an E-ATX case :lol:

Yeah that's stupid...

Packing seven PCI-E slots on an ATX board is feasible... For example, look at the MSI 790FX-GD70, which can run quad-crossfireX with dual-slot cards, and is ATX. Clearly, there is room for seven PCI-E slots.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1190-AR

If I'm not mistaken. at the bottom of the description it says, "Three available 6-pin PCI-E power dongles". What power supply is going to provide enough PCI-E 6 pin connectors to run that in quad SLI?

What do you mean? You can simply buy two 850W power supplies and put one up in the case and one down. I've seen it as a feature in some cases.

Edited by Jump4h

ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer has been out for a while now. 4-way SLI and 7 PCI-E slots. It's already been done. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131390

P6T7 is Quad SLI capable, as in two dual GPU nVidia cards (e.g. GTX285) in 2-way SLI formation...

Quad SLI is not the same as 4-way SLI. Quad SLI means 4x GPUs, 2 cards, SLI enabled

The P6T7 supports 3-way SLI maximum (3 nVidia cards) or 4-way CrossFireX maximum (4 ATi cards)

P6T7 is Quad SLI capable, as in two dual GPU nVidia cards (e.g. GTX285) in 2-way SLI formation...

Quad SLI is not the same as 4-way SLI. Quad SLI means 4x GPUs, 2 cards, SLI enabled

The P6T7 supports 3-way SLI maximum (3 nVidia cards) or 4-way CrossFireX maximum (4 ATi cards)

I see. Now I understand the excitement. I don't understand the limitation though. You can run 4 4890s but only 3 285's(and one 9800+ for PhysX) on the P6T7? Is it a limitation of physical space? I'd appreciate an explanation if anyone knows.

Edited by rourkchris