EVGA annouces the Classified X58 four way SLi Motherboard

I think the X58 can run 3-way SLI natively, but you need the nVidia NF200 bridge chip to add the extra SLI "channel"...

Some boards in the past have used 2-way native SLI + NF200 to give 3-way SLI... I guess you could use two NF200s to native 2-way to get 4-way? It's probably just a case of putting the lime in the coconut and hooking both of them up

NF200 bridge is the key I guess. Thanks for the explanation and good luck with the lime on your coconuts.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but now there is only evga gtx 285 that supports 4 way sli , if nvidia want to hit ati now is the time , they can make all of the upcoming cards support 4 way sli , but this will make them to price it higher ....

any way i saw asus board that has 4 pci-e 16 and msi eclipse plus will these two support 4 way or not ( by bios update or something ) ...

but now there is only evga gtx 285 that supports 4 way sli , if nvidia want to hit ati now is the time , they can make all of the upcoming cards support 4 way sli , but this will make them to price it higher ....

any way i saw asus board that has 4 pci-e 16 and msi eclipse plus will these two support 4 way or not ( by bios update or something ) ...

It's a small niche market. Most mainstream users aren't going to run out and buy 4 285s, 1500watt+ power supplies, and $500+ motherboards. Enabling 4 way SLI isn't going to "hit ATI" in any way. Selling a 285 for $150 would "hit ATI" where it really hurts-midrange pricies.

Edited by rourkchris

It's a small niche market. Most mainstream users aren't going to run out and buy 4 285s, 1500watt+ power supplies, and $500+ motherboards. Enabling 4 way SLI isn't going to "hit ATI" in any way. Selling a 285 for $150 would "hit ATI" where it really hurts-midrange pricies.

yes that would kill them :P , but you are forgetting the hardcore that is what both nvidia and ati are aiming most of their products ...

I completely disagree on both counts. I've not forgotten the "hardcore". How many 3 way SLI systems do you see here? Look in the benchmarking threads. How many 3 way and 4 way SLI/Crossfire systems are listed? It's cost-prohibative for the majority of the market.

Edited by rourkchris

Another big reason you don't see 3 way or quad setups is scaling. There is not enough games out there that take advantage of it. Not to mention if you don't have a 30" LCD there is no point unless you are trying to break records.

I completely disagree on both counts. I've not forgotten the "hardcore". How many 3 way SLI systems do you see here? Look in the benchmarking threads. How many 3 way and 4 way SLI/Crossfire systems are listed? It's cost-prohibative for the majority of the market.

yes , that maybe true but count the whole world .... :wacko:

any way , forget guys .....back to topic before we get out ......kicked

note : can not write bad words....

just one question why did they make a board like this it is meant for the 30 inch displays and up owners ...? and i think they are satisfied with 2 or three cards ....

How many 3 way and 4 way SLI/Crossfire systems are listed?

in us there is many but in Europe there are much more i have a friend in my face book account who told me that he lives in Italy ........

he is American .....

Another big reason you don't see 3 way or quad setups is scaling. There is not enough games out there that take advantage of it. Not to mention if you don't have a 30" LCD there is no point unless you are trying to break records.

i will take that in my mind and this convinces me , and that is why i asked the question in my previous reply ...

what are these records to be broken when running 4 way graphics ....?