Active OCC folders dropping!

paulktreg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started folding again cause I got pissed at my mom.

Let's see how she likes the electric bill.

nice

Good time for another contest with the cooling weather... B:)

I would like to second this :)

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

As soon as I get off my hind end to get a kva switch (not enough monitors). I will soon have three machines folding away.

Wow! I just noticed I am #6 in the top producers.

SWEET!!

So if your folding. Keep folding!

And if your thinking about folding. Start folding!

Edited by OwinC

I think I'm going to start letting my hd4850 fold 24/7. Helping out and hopefully keeping my room a degree warmer.

edit: on that thought, how do the thermodynamics work on electronics like GPU's. Wouldn't all the electricity used/wasted be turned into heat? Hmmm. If so, I'd only be getting like 200W of heat. Oh well :P

Been folding on my hd4850 and a hd4870.. I should fold on my 2 gtx285's while im at work.. to lazy to set it up though..

If I had to choose between the two based on PPD I'd pick the CPU client. The 4850 that I used to have didn't come close my i7-920 running the Windows SMP client. I would expect a similar performance gap between the 4850 and your AMD CPU.

If you want to set up and run a client fairly easily regardless of PPD I'd suggest the systray GPU client. There's a lot of fans of the GPU console client versus the systray but the latter works alright for me.