District 9

romeo55

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first film all year that I have to see and for that reason I hope it is good. Would you honestly let an alien race with technology thousands or more years more advanced than our own leave?

Yah, it looks good i just hope it is good. Hopefully, since his name is plastered all over the trailers and theatrical posters, Peter Jackson will keep an eye on it an make sure it turns out as good as it looks.

Would you honestly let an alien race with technology thousands or more years more advanced than our own leave?

do you honestly think we could stop them from leaving?

It looks good but I hope the earthlings have a good way of stopping them from leaving other than some helicopters flying around.

Looks good and I'm a sucker for a good sci-fi movie but....

If they can make it to earth they are so far in advance of us that I can't really see how you'd stop them leaving!

Nuclear weapons should have been something they came across in their distant past, has nobody watched Independance Day! lol

It'll hopefully be entertaining if nothing else.

Cheers

Paul

As long as the movie isn't absolutely ridiculous it will probably be good.

As for the "keeping the aliens here" thing I think it was part of their plan or something.

I can look at it a few ways:

1. In order to be technologically advanced (or to use technologically advanced things) you do not need to be strong, maybe they only have technologically superior spacecraft and weapons as well but those weapons are built into their spacecraft... which they aren't in...
  2. They are superior but aren't hostile so they kind of just "grin and bear it"
  3. They can leave whenever they want, they're just effing with us making us think that we have them captured and then HAHA! blam! kablooey! they kick our asses...