Sign in to follow this  
romeo55

District 9

From what I can tell, I think it is option number two, kinda. I think they crashed here and now want to leave, but some conglomerate is trying to steal their weapons.

According to the plot on IMDB, it says they crash landed and were living "peacefully" in their South African ghetto. They want to leave, but an evil corporation, who has no interest in their well-being, wants to capture their weapons technology to make a PROFIT!!! GASP! Supposedly the movie is going to be bloody, but I'm going to wait until it comes out and some more reviews surface before I spend any money on it.

According to the plot on IMDB, it says they crash landed and were living "peacefully" in their South African ghetto. They want to leave, but an evil corporation, who has no interest in their well-being, wants to capture their weapons technology to make a PROFIT!!! GASP! Supposedly the movie is going to be bloody, but I'm going to wait until it comes out and some more reviews surface before I spend any money on it.

Hah!

Reviews are the last place to go looking for a good movie.

Hah!

Reviews are the last place to go looking for a good movie.

Typically I'd agree. If a movie gets higher than a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes with Critics, there's a pretty good change I won't like it. If it gets between 15% and 60%, I will probably like it a lot.

However! The Hurt Locker is getting amazing ratings from both audiences, and is being raved about by a lot of people whose opinions I trust... so I'm going to make a special trip to see it.

This movie is on my list of movies I want to see along with GIJOE. Dude I remember playing with GIJOE's when I was kid, and the old school cartoons, brings back some cool memories.

I saw it today and it was likely one of the best movies I have seen all year. I think the fact that they filmed it like a documentary really made this movie what it is. That and an original plot, something we rarely see in the world of sequels.

Highly recommend the movie and I am pretty sure you will all enjoy it :)

It's at 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I saw it on Friday and it was better in every way versus what I was expecting...if you like scifi movies you'll love it.

Awesome movie, enjoyed it to the fullest...excellent visual plus amazing plot and moving performances both from the human actors and the animated CG aliens(splendid job animators!). A welcome relief , especially after that transforming junk which floated this way from a certain Micheal Bay.

:bah: i still have to wait 3/4 of a month before i get to see it! and everyone wonders why people resort to piracy <_< i hope the films as good as it looks though, i've not been impressed with the recent crap the movie industry has been spewing out :angry2:

I think the fact that they filmed it like a documentary really made this movie what it is.
That's what happens when they travel to Africa and only spend $30 million on special effects. Just goes to show you that you don't need to spend bajillions to make a good movie.

Definitely want to go see this...just have to figure out if I want to fight the crowds this week, or wait.

I saw it. I have some mixed feelings about it, only I'm not trying to decide whether it was bad or good, rather I'm trying to decide whether it was good or great. I went in with high expectations, and walked out telling myself it was a good movie. If you go in with low expectations, or none at all, you will think it's great. I'd see it again, but I don't think I would pay full admission for it... $1 theater.