What the heck guys?!

TheSternMystic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And mine isn't? Ok, so hes gonna have more rigs online, but that doesn't mean more points. Infact, I think it means less points (alot less) and a ton more WUs unless they all have SMP and GPU clients running, He might become the next RR!

Just hit 200k total points today for OCC since I started folding in March this year! Thanks for the help in getting me started. Next step is I gotta get GPU2 up and folding now that I have it installed.

Summer is in full swing here in Florida and with the Heat from 14 cpu and gpu clients running 24/7 (roughly 24000 PPD) my electric bill went from $189 to over $400. With business so bad I just can't afford that right now. So I had shut everything down till the weather cools down again. Sorry it's just something I had to do for now :(

sorry Fueler, but I guess that's how things go sometimes, huh? we'll be happy to have you active again when conditions permit, and on a personal note, I hope business picks up real soon.

@ TJ - that's some good folding right there, bud! :thumbs-up:

@ Roger - you're doing great dude. the 200mhz difference between 2.6 and 2.8 really isnt something you're going to notice. it'll speed up your folding somewhat, but it wont be night and day, ya know?

:foldon:

sorry Fueler, but I guess that's how things go sometimes, huh? we'll be happy to have you active again when conditions permit, and on a personal note, I hope business picks up real soon.

@ TJ - that's some good folding right there, bud! :thumbs-up:

@ Roger - you're doing great dude. the 200mhz difference between 2.6 and 2.8 really isnt something you're going to notice. it'll speed up your folding somewhat, but it wont be night and day, ya know?

:foldon:

Thanks for the props. Now I just need to find some time to finish setting up the client for that second 275 card I put in my system. Things should be really interesting once I have it folding.

Ever since I put folding shortcuts on my desktop I've been folding more and more.

I'm seriously think about saving up for a small folding rig to put somewhere in the corner of my room.

How do laptops fold? I have a pretty old one hidden away and doing nothing, not to mention that since it doesn't have a screen I could put it somewhere really obscure..

Edited by tkrow21

How do laptops fold? I have a pretty old one hidden away and doing nothing, not to mention that since it doesn't have a screen I could put it somewhere really obscure...
It probably wouldn't be worth it.

Even the P4 cpu I had in this machine did crap PPD (yes I realize its about the cause and not the points, but you have to weigh electricity vs. PPD), plus you have to take into account the heat it will generate being on 24/7.

So in general if it is old (whether it be a laptop or desktop) i'd say it wouldn't be worth it, especially if it is really old because then they probably wouldn't even meet the client deadline...