What the heck guys?!

TheSternMystic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to take some rigs offline due to some blowing up and I have not got them all back up and running. RR stopped folding again which is a massive loss right there. :(

I think with summer coming you will see less people running due to heat :(

I shut down a 10,000 PPD rig... And my 4,500 PPD latptop is not always being used anymore... I'm home from college and haven't gotten my rigs back running yet. We've lost ~15,000 PPD because of me.

Also, road-runner has stopped producing. He was putting out 100,000+ PPD at his prime. I think he may have switched to another distributed computing project because F@H was to troublesome to keep running on all of his machines.

It also looks like Bosco slowed up a little bit.

Many Folders in the southern parts of the US can't afford the electric bill to keep their homes cool during the summer with a bunch of rigs going.

EDIT: Bosco is a ninja :ph34r:

I'm trying to keep up my 4k PPD, at least until I finish school (coming up really soon...). Not sure when I'd be able to get back online after that, but when I do...I should have access to more hardware :)

I've still got my stuff going here, but I may be taking a rig or two off due to heat mainly and the cost of electricity. If anything, I'll at least be keeping up my 1,500 PPD or so. But if I ever get my RMA back from Palit, I'd have some more results coming in for folding, lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ediseye

Trying to keep ~2500ppd but one gpu started giving out around a 3rd of normal ppd.

Good news is I'm gona buy myself a new gpu after exams (2 weeks) and when home will put both 9600 gts in a server/folding rig to be left on 24/7 :)

Don't have summer issues as live in uk :P

Sorry to hear about your rigs blowing Bosco :(

Edited by Ferretbomb

it's funny, there was a period of extremely steep decline, and just two days ago we had a 200k point jump. what we need to do is get a constant influx of new folders - any contribution is a worthwhile and good one, and I'm afraid that many OCC members dont fold because they think that their contributions may be too small. every WU crunched is important and benefits humanity, and that's what matters.

I'm gonna be down in production for a day or two while I rebuild my main rig. should still be kicking out a few thousand PPD from the GSOs, but I'm already feeling weird about not being totally online. :wacko:

lol i started folding 5 hours ago

it still says

"CPU - F@H: Working 0/300"

i hope my temp set up does better than this laptop or it will take a year to get "5/300" lol

Well start folding on that GTX275 and stop farting about! ;)

Edit: 3 x GTX275!

Edited by paulktreg

Well start folding on that GTX275 and stop farting about! ;)

Edit: 3 x GTX275!

:withstupid:

dude, for real - if you fold on all three GPUs, plus your CPU, you could be a top 5 producer for our F@H team. plus, because your gear is so powerful, you'd crunch insane amounts of WUs, and that's great all around!

:)

EDIT - "this build not yet complete!"...well, when you DO get your rig built, dont forget about us!

...but the electric bills will skyrocket if i run them too much <_<

this actually brings to mind something I've been wondering for a while now. exactly how much does 24/7 folding increase your power bill? this is a sentiment that gets at least a mention in a good % of forum posts related to running one or more F@H clients...