OCC Ex-Folding Members

paulktreg

Looking through the top 200 OCC member folding charts there are lots of names that I recognise as currently active OCC members. You know who you are. Why have you stopped folding?

I know I am folding noob but running the CPU client causes me no problems at all and I can even run the GPU client most of the time without any real loss in performance. What are your reasons for stopping?

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every little bit counts I completely agree with that, I used to fold for a bit (quite a short period of time) but I could barely complete any WUs it would take a HELL of a long time so I gave up.

My new my will be blasting F@H after I set it up...

Anyone having issues starting their clients?

:P

All 3 of my computers (my laptop, my brother in laws desktop and the office PC) are getting this error:

[02:53:14] + Attempting to get work packet
[02:53:14] - Connecting to assignment server
[02:53:15] - Successful: assigned to (XXX.XX.XXX.XXX).
[02:53:15] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[02:53:15] Loaded queue successfully.
[02:53:36] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[02:53:36] + Could not connect to Work Server

Its on its 8th attempt so far...

EDIT:

Nevermind its all working now...

I am about feed up with the clients getting worse and worse and Stanford period... Taking a little break to WCG for a bit...

I know how you feel.....I've done the same thing. I kept WCG loaded on all my rigs so when Stanford ticks me off again it will be easy to go back for a "cooling off period". :lol:

So far since I started back I haven't had any problems.......but it seems like once they start they get worse and worse and just won't go away. It's like Stardford says ok enough good stuff for you ....here's some garbage for you to sift through. :glare: