Any Other Military Folk Here?

Kamikaze_Badger

Since we have a fairly decent community, is there anyone else here who's in their nations military or has done military service? Which branch, and how'd you enjoy it?

I signed the dotted line on June 22nd, 2008, for the Army Reserve as a combat medic. I'll be shipping on the date in my sig. I've been drilling with my unit since August, and am really glad I made the decision I did. Great bunch of people, and I get paid $13 an hour to have fun on weekends.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Close enough, Spent my entire childhood and most of my teenage life as a military brat, traveling from post to post. JROTC. ROTC. Love of the country, military, history and weapons like any other army kid. Fun times. Good people. Almost miss it... almost. Dad career military, grand dad career military, great grand dad career military. I'm the first male in my family to break the tradition.

formerly a 63W wheel vehicle repairer 9sep97 - 5aug05 deployed to Qatar 27dec02 - 25jun03 loved every minute of it plus now i'm a full member at the V.F.W. ao i get to drink cheap anywhere lol :thumbs-up:

My granddad was in the RAF, served in North Africa and stuff, and my dad was in the TA (like the Reserves) but I haven't got any plans to join. I would like to have a go in the RAF's film unit thingy, but it would stop me doing everything else I want to do, so it's a no.

Edit: Oh yeah, and there's the whole possibility of dying thing that I'm not a huge fan of.

anyone else here who's in their nations military or has done military service?

US Army 77-84...15E pershing missle crewman'til my hearing went south then reclassified to 76V warehouseman...schools of note include US Army Computer Programming School @ Ft Ben Harrison Indiana, PNOC @ 7th Army NCO Academy, Bad Tolz Germany and the majority of my service was spent with 4th infantry div. Ft Carson or the european theatre....totally enjoyed my service, traveled around europe on my free time and saw a big chunk of the planet thanx to uncle sam...fortunately never saw combat but i don't feel like i missed anything.....i served honorably and discharged honorably....enjoy your duty soldier every chance you get

My grandfather served in the German Army in the Second World War as a supply delivery pilot. He got shot down three times by you allies but survived each of the crashes! My father has Chrones Disease (or however you spell that...) so he didn't go for service, I am not going either, cause I have too many allergies. To be honest, I really can't be bothered.

i just got OUT of the army lol. i was in from Sep 2003 to Nov 2008. my mos was 25F - Signal Switch Systems Operator/maintainer. got deployed to Iraq twice. Jan 2005 to Jan 2006 and May 2007 to July 2008 - epic boring over in iraq. oh and its hot. like mad hot. like OMGSWEATYBUTTCHEEKS hot. did i mention it was hot and boring?

i just got OUT of the army lol. i was in from Sep 2003 to Nov 2008. my mos was 25F - Signal Switch Systems Operator/maintainer. got deployed to Iraq twice. Jan 2005 to Jan 2006 and May 2007 to July 2008 - epic boring over in iraq. oh and its hot. like mad hot. like OMGSWEATYBUTTCHEEKS hot. did i mention it was hot and boring?

Was it hot and boring?

I guess being bored in a war zone certainly beats the alternative :lol:

2 uncles were tunnel rats in Nam. Friends in marines (about to go to Pakistan), 1 in the Navy on a destroyer and one in the army as Calvary scout. Was about to sign with army till they looked at medical records and saw the word ASTHMA. Was told I was a no go even though I hadn't had an attack for 10 years