OCC Graphics Contest: Design An OCC Userbar

sdy284

I saw that earlier and was going to comment in the submission thread but decided not to, my lack of brain cells didn't give the impulse that I should go to the comment thread...

"lol @ Beefcake"

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KingRaptor

-Proper size?

No. Look at the other submissions and then look at yours. Rules state: 400x40px and 20kb in size. Your image is 300x122 and 47.45kb. Well exceeding both size and dimensions.

-Rules all kept?

Nope.

-Is it worth entering?

While it is nice, it is not a user bar. See the 1st post in this thread for more info on what is expected.

Not really sure about these. I think the userbars probably do need a small fan in them somewhere, but placement options are limited (left, right or centre basically).

admin.jpgdonating-member.jpg

folding-member.jpgmember.jpg

moderator.jpgsenior-moderator.jpg

news-editor.jpgsenior-news-editor.jpg

review-editor.jpgsenior-review-editor.jpg

reviewer.jpgsenior-reviewer.jpg

Not really sure about these. I think the userbars probably do need a small fan in them somewhere, but placement options are limited (left, right or centre basically).

member.jpg

Not bad but I think it does need the fan. Just seems to be missing something.

I like the use of group color for the border. Wish I had thought about it. :P Don't think the fan would look good on the left side, but center or right side would probably work.

Just dont forget to post them in the submission thread. :P

Jammin, those look great. The color-coded borders is a slick idea. Like d3 said, I should have thought of it myself.

First of all, I think the fan-less first submissions were great. I know the fan has become a bit of a staple in anything OCC, but minimalism is never bad IMO. They look simple but very classy. Also, I have to say I'm not terribly happy with the second round with the fan added. I certainly see the desire to add it, but I rather liked the bit you had on the left in the first set that's now gone. Maybe take the "OCC" letters out of the fan and drop it behind the "OverclockersClub" text in the background towards the middle of the bar? Just a suggestion... I'm already very happy with your first round.

Can someone tell me how I can stop the text/font from snapping to the image limits? And how do I make a colored border around the limits?

That's Photoshop 101! lol, j/k

1. Snapping:

Go to the VIEW menu, and you'll see "Snap" checked off. Either uncheck that, or be more specific in the "Snap To..." menu.

2. Border

Easiest way...

Create a new layer.

Make sure that layer is selected.

Choose the "Magic Wand Tool"

Click anywhere and it should create a dotted box around the whole canvas.

While that's still selected, select the "Lasso Tool"

Right-click inside your selected area and choose "Stroke..."

Change width to "1px" (or whatever you desire)

Click the color swatch and choose whatever color you want

Select "Inside"

Leave the "Blending" as "Normal" and 100% Opacity (you can easily change this later, so there's no point restricting yourself to this)

Hit OK and VOILA!

In the layers window, drag that layer to the TOP so it's above everything else, and you have yourself a border.

Edited by ClayMeow