OCC Graphics Contest: Design An OCC Userbar

sdy284

Jammin, those look great. The color-coded borders is a slick idea. Like d3 said, I should have thought of it myself.

First of all, I think the fan-less first submissions were great. I know the fan has become a bit of a staple in anything OCC, but minimalism is never bad IMO. They look simple but very classy. Also, I have to say I'm not terribly happy with the second round with the fan added. I certainly see the desire to add it, but I rather liked the bit you had on the left in the first set that's now gone. Maybe take the "OCC" letters out of the fan and drop it behind the "OverclockersClub" text in the background towards the middle of the bar? Just a suggestion... I'm already very happy with your first round.

If I don't come up with anything else, then I'll just enter them both and if people like either of them, then great.

Like d3, I have no real interest in the prize (I'd probably be forced to spend money building something around it.. not good :lol:).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Photoshop 101! lol, j/k

1. Snapping:

Go to the VIEW menu, and you'll see "Snap" checked off. Either uncheck that, or be more specific in the "Snap To..." menu.

2. Border

Easiest way...

Create a new layer.

Make sure that layer is selected.

Choose the "Magic Wand Tool"

Click anywhere and it should create a dotted box around the whole canvas.

While that's still selected, select the "Lasso Tool"

Right-click inside your selected area and choose "Stroke..."

Change width to "1px" (or whatever you desire)

Click the color swatch and choose whatever color you want

Select "Inside"

Leave the "Blending" as "Normal" and 100% Opacity (you can easily change this later, so there's no point restricting yourself to this)

Hit OK and VOILA!

In the layers window, drag that layer to the TOP so it's above everything else, and you have yourself a border.

Thanks Claymeow! +1

I am noob, I just wanted to see what I could come up with.

Thanks Claymeow! +1

I am noob, I just wanted to see what I could come up with.

We were all noobs at one point. I didn't take any class or anything, I just learned from reading things and messing around. You'll get the hang of it. Photoshop is as easy or complicated to use as you make it.

Wow! Those are really nice Kuronin! I like the first one better too.

EDIT###

You may have trouble fitting the long titles in there, which is really too bad because it's a great design.

Wow! Those are really nice Kuronin! I like the first one better too.

EDIT###

You may have trouble fitting the long titles in there, which is really too bad because it's a great design.

Thanks for the input Verran and D3B. I'll go with the first one, as for the title length, I'll just pull a Jammin. Example:

seniornewseditor.jpg