Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

OCC Graphics Contest: Design An OCC Userbar

Made a smaller version. Those different lengths of titles can make it tricky. Again, a little over an hour using the GIMP.

occ2Admin.pngocc2Reviewer.png

occ2Moderator.pngocc2SeniorModerator.png

I'm going to shrink it vertically so there's not so much compression needed... allows for a higher framerate. Also, I know it needs the text changing :P

Edit: New version... under 20k, 256 colours :)

Edit 2: Fireworks said 19.5k... what the heck?

35cgyh2.gif

very nice!

seems to need a little something else... not sure what though

seems to need a little something else... not sure what though

I'm on it... but I've got a problem with exporting at the right filesize. Unless the rules can be relaxed, I'll have to enter a static version. :(

I'm on it... but I've got a problem with exporting at the right filesize. Unless the rules can be relaxed, I'll have to enter a static version. :(

If these are meant to be used in sigs (which I believe is the point), then unfortunately sdy can't really relax the size restrictions.

EDIT: My suggestion would be lessening the number of frames for the animation. Start with cutting out every other one and see how it looks. The filesize of yours is 20x that of the "2007 awards" userbars I created. It has to be the animation that is screwing you over because I think it's clear graphics-wise, mine have more detail, but animation-wise mine is a very basic fade (i think 4 frames, but I'd have to double-check), whereas yours is probably many more frames, no?

Edited by ClayMeow

If these are meant to be used in sigs (which I believe is the point), then unfortunately sdy can't really relax the size restrictions.

EDIT: My suggestion would be lessening the number of frames for the animation. Start with cutting out every other one and see how it looks. The filesize of yours is 20x that of the "2007 awards" userbars I created. It has to be the animation that is screwing you over because I think it's clear graphics-wise, mine have more detail, but animation-wise mine is a very basic fade (i think 4 frames, but I'd have to double-check), whereas yours is probably many more frames, no?

Yeah, it's currently just under 20kb per frame :P

I'll try and work something out.

Yeah, it's currently just under 20kb per frame :P

I'll try and work something out.

20kb per frame? hmm, interesting. I did mine so long ago, I couldn't tell you what settings I used :(

Just a word of advice if you don't already do it, unless you're just doing something quick and don't care about size, if you're using Photoshop, always choose "Save for Web" and do it thru that. I've gotten a lot better filesizes that way, even when doing high quality.

yep, sorry :(

Startin' to see a few I like.

OCCuserbar_Member.gif

Lookin good, although it's showing up as 36KB. To bad cause I like that one.