Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

OCC Graphics Contest: Design An OCC Userbar

Really nice entries.. I'm working now when I came back home I'll see what I can do =)

Nice contest since I got a ge-force 6600 i think that video card seems pretty nice!

Really nice entries.. I'm working now when I came back home I'll see what I can do =)

Nice contest since I got a ge-force 6600 i think that video card seems pretty nice!

good luck with your entries :)

Startin' to see a few I like.

OCCuserbar_Member.gif

Lookin good, although it's showing up as 36KB. To bad cause I like that one.

hey thanks for spotting that. didnt pay attention to the size. ill fix that up soon.

I have several questions

Edited by loco_frags

Well I have one question.

For userbars. We should use OC Font? because 3 or 4 entries used that and another user used a random font.

I think choice is up to you. The OCC font is provided if you want it, but I don't think you're required to use it.

FWIW, I really like flareback's white 1px border. I know that with filesizes this small every pixel counts but I think a distinct border makes a big difference. They really stand out on the page. I think it makes the difference between just some pic in your sig vs. a true userbar/sig image.

I think choice is up to you. The OCC font is provided if you want it, but I don't think you're required to use it.

FWIW, I really like flareback's white 1px border.

*Looks at Verran's sig image*

hmm, I wonder why? :lol:

As for fonts, I agree, use whatever you think is most suitable.

From a graphical point of view, it is probably better to differentiate for the "member type" font (and I probably wouldn't pick another "title" font either).

*Looks at Verran's sig image*

hmm, I wonder why? :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I realized that shortly after making the post... but I figure it's still true, even if it is a bit biased :P

:lol: Yeah, I realized that shortly after making the post... but I figure it's still true, even if it is a bit biased :P

Doesn't have to be white :P

FWIW, I really like flareback's white 1px border. I know that with filesizes this small every pixel counts but I think a distinct border makes a big difference. They really stand out on the page. I think it makes the difference between just some pic in your sig vs. a true userbar/sig image.

Thanks i just edited my post and putted more questions. I gtg back later!!

I just posted my entry... it leans more to the basic (I like to think minimalistic) level. :P

If anyone would like to take 'em and make them better, have at it. You can download the master file (*.xcf) here.

I just posted my entry... it leans more to the basic (I like to think minimalistic) level. :P

If anyone would like to take 'em and make them better, have at it. You can download the master file (*.xcf) here.

I didn't know we needed a "beefcake" entry. who gets to use that one anyway?