Amd Or Intel?

Krieg1337

Amd or Intel?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you Prefer? Intel or Amd?

• Intel
    • Amd

Voted AMD because from the get go I've liked them better. Also if not for them Intel wouldn't be as good as it is now. For if there was no competition prices would be heavy and the products would suck.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I uesd to be all AMD back in the late 90s they stared burning out worse than popcorn in the microwave for 5 seconds to long (the slot A days) I lost a lot LOT LOT of money in the offices I was under contract to maintain. Not to mention 3 of the 6 systems I had in my own business lasted less than 2 years. After that I have been all intel (P3, P4 - now) Of course now Intel is a solid 2 steps ahead of Intel so the choice is really easy.

Intel for me here. I've always used them in my personal computers, and liked what they have delivered as far as performance. I've messed with a few AMD processors as well. They're alright, but I don't feel like they live up to the Intel counterparts.

No matter what anyone votes, I'm just amazed this poll isn't some four year old thread. :blink:

I don't have a preference. I go with whatever company has the best price/performance product at a particular moment.

That's why I have one old system with a AMD 4400+ and nVidia 7800GTX and a new one with an Intel E8500 with an AMD/ATI 4870x2.

I follow the same principle with ati and nvidia.