The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS :) Technically for the Mrs. but maybe I'll get to drive it every once in a while.

Sweeeeet! Auto or manual? What color? We need photos! :)

Six speed automatic (Traci didn't want to deal with another manual transmission car).  Does have manual shift mode though and paddle shifters to the right and left of the steering wheel.  Only real drawback is the loss of 26Hp due to the fuel mapping on the automatic versus the manual - 400Hp on the auto / 426Hp on the manual.

I'll get some pictures up at first chance.

We didn't have much of a choice on the color since it was the only 2SS with the RS package on the lot.  So we ended up with white body / inferno orange metallic rally stripes.  Interior is black leather with inferno orange insets.

2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS  :)   Technically for the Mrs. but maybe I'll get to drive it every once in a while.

Bah!  The windows are to small and it looks like someone squashed the roof into the body! 

Always gonna be haters...............

2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS :) Technically for the Mrs. but maybe I'll get to drive it every once in a while.

Sweeeeet! Auto or manual? What color? We need photos! :)

Six speed automatic (Traci didn't want to deal with another manual transmission car).  Does have manual shift mode though and paddle shifters to the right and left of the steering wheel.  Only real drawback is the loss of 26Hp due to the fuel mapping on the automatic versus the manual - 400Hp on the auto / 426Hp on the manual.

I'll get some pictures up at first chance.

We didn't have much of a choice on the color since it was the only 2SS with the RS package on the lot.  So we ended up with white body / inferno orange metallic rally stripes.  Interior is black leather with inferno orange insets.

2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS  :)   Technically for the Mrs. but maybe I'll get to drive it every once in a while.

Bah!  The windows are to small and it looks like someone squashed the roof into the body! 

Always gonna be haters...............

Whatcha Expect when I have always driven Mustangs! Hell even my work car is a mustang! 

0629141539.jpg

Only real drawback is the loss of 26Hp due to the fuel mapping on the automatic versus the manual - 400Hp on the auto / 426Hp on the manual.

My understanding is that the reason autos have less HP is because of the resistance from the torque converter.  First I've ever heard of fuel mapping as a reason.  I usually see people saying manuals are given more HP to make up for the slower shifts...but that seems kind of retarded to me...lol.  I doubt they would put effort into de-tuning an auto for just for S and Gs.  The torque converter creates resistance and it shows on a dyno.

Only real drawback is the loss of 26Hp due to the fuel mapping on the automatic versus the manual - 400Hp on the auto / 426Hp on the manual.

My understanding is that the reason autos have less HP is because of the resistance from the torque converter.  First I've ever heard of fuel mapping as a reason.  I usually see people saying manuals are given more HP to make up for the slower shifts...but that seems kind of retarded to me...lol.  I doubt they would put effort into de-tuning an auto for just for S and Gs.  The torque converter creates resistance and it shows on a dyno.

AFAIK they tune for more torque and less power for autos to make them "nicer" to drive.

AFAIK they tune for more torque and less power for autos to make them "nicer" to drive.

Idk.  That seems odd to me too.  Autos just have more torque in general I believe.  At least in the off road world if you try climbing an obstacle with an auto and a manual, the auto is going to have a lot easier time with it.  Mostly because you don't have a clutch to deal with but I think there's more to it than that.  I just don't know much about it to prove it.

Idk.  That seems odd to me too.  Autos just have more torque in general I believe.  At least in the off road world if you try climbing an obstacle with an auto and a manual, the auto is going to have a lot easier time with it.  Mostly because you don't have a clutch to deal with but I think there's more to it than that.  I just don't know much about it to prove it.

Autos spend a LOT more time at low RPMs than manuals do.  They tune for low RPM smoothness to make the cars easier/nice/smoother to drive.

There's nothing about an auto tranny that makes them make more torque (it's the opposite in fact, they are more lossy).  Manual trannys are just a lot more forgiving due to the fact that the driver can control the clutch versus a computer.

I know, right? Have you tried using the AmEx Serve trick yet to boost your spending without actually spending money?

Nope but if I happen to be in a big box store I usually try to make 2 or 3 small purchases while I'm there instead of one big one. Only if I have time to kill.

My credit union gives me target gift cards for every 20 purchases I make. I wonder what the smallest gift card they allow you to buy is? 

I'm not sure if any of this is technically illegal but it's kind of a dick move.